SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Who the heck invented...... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/168111-who-heck-invented.html)

louis 01-31-2009 12:18 PM

Who the heck invented......

CLING FILM!!!!!!!

Its a nightmare :c004:

My heads racing so i really don't need to be messing about with stuff... bodies racing too.
I decided to eat and needed cling film for cooking..... I start with trying to find the end...find some of it...start pulling and it comes off in bits.

Now there is no way in hell this roll is EVER going to be used again.
You'll need the patience of a saint to even attempt it.

I bet who invented this did it for a reason to increase sales... two uses and you have to buy another.

KindBird 01-31-2009 12:34 PM

:turn:

You are so right about that cling film.. I like foil better.

crypticpoet777 01-31-2009 12:35 PM

The same one that invented plastic so thick you need a blow torch or chain saw to get it open, only guessing, I can't prove it......

louis 01-31-2009 12:44 PM

Yeah its the same with the ready meals,
The instructions say make sure you get all the plastic film off the tray before it goes in micro or oven.
Then MAKE it so the piggin plastic film comes off..... but moooooooooooo

You pull the film and it tears or leaves a strip around the edge of the dish....you then get a knife and try and scrape it off and still nooooooooooo

Soooo it goes in the oven and hey presto.......it melts to your piggin food.

SummerSkye 01-31-2009 12:58 PM

Why do they make it so hard to unwrap cd's and dvds!! You know the kind they wrap really tightly in plastic with the stickers to seal the case underneath! It drives me mad:c004:

Isaiah 01-31-2009 01:02 PM

http://www.adpulp.com/satan.jpg

Behold! The inventor!

shaun00 01-31-2009 01:04 PM

clingfilm.............invented by a scotsman in 1953.

louis 01-31-2009 01:09 PM

SummerSkye.

I hear ya on that one...... we never wanted to listen to the c.d we bought anytime soon anyway!

louis 01-31-2009 01:14 PM

Isaiah.... nice one

Trucker had to be a Scots man..... definately taking the p**s out the rest of the world.

crypticpoet777 01-31-2009 01:16 PM

Child proof caps I can not open for the life of me, but my grand children can!

shaun00 01-31-2009 01:16 PM

just pulling yer leg girls:lmao:lmao:lmao

louis 01-31-2009 01:25 PM

Trucker... Thats ok

I only live in Scotland.... I was born in England (Derby)

Cryptic.... the ones on medicine bottles are good too. You've got a splitting headache and cant get into the meds bottle.

shaun00 01-31-2009 01:41 PM

louis......you sooooo lucky i love scotland and i have spent many good times there.....starting on lewis when i was young.

The wife and i run off to gretna green a few years ago... to get married.......seemed like a romantic thing to do....lol

We hired a motor home and got married..........then tour scotland up to john o groats...

Then turned round and tour cornwall....devon...somerset....and did lands end.

Fantastic.........i visit alfreton quiet often which is near derby right?

louis 01-31-2009 02:01 PM

Yeah, its the next town over as far as i remember (geography not my strong subject) and also my brain cells aren't what they used to be.

I've been in Scotland 8yrs now and no plans to move back south although im crossing the border next Saturday... SO will need to change my money. The English are skeptical of Scottish notes (think its monopoly money).

Traveling sounds great.... I'd love to do that.
Good on you for being so romantic.... What made you decide that? I've traveled through Gretna once on the train... It's not too far from me.

chump 01-31-2009 05:05 PM

monopoly money... haha - after what's happened to the Scottish banks - it is! :redface:

bstt03 02-01-2009 06:48 AM

How about trying to get a new toy of the package, like a barbie doll. How many twist ties do we REALLY need to tie a barbie down? Seriously, is SHE going anywhere! Christmas morning was a nightmare, glad my daughter is older now and out of that stage! :05:

Bamboozle 02-01-2009 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by crypticpoet777 (Post 2087456)
The same one that invented plastic so thick you need a blow torch or chain saw to get it open, only guessing, I can't prove it......

Yeah...any electronics package that you have to completely obliterate to open...which also means that you can't return it if something's wrong because the package is thoroughly destroyed.