Sober to take my puppy to the ER!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Talking

[QUOTE=Fubarcdn;2087094]
Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
Katie, my dear....

When they say "We've got the music inside us"... Apparently, so does the puppies!! LOL!

It is good to see your sense of humor coming out. That must mean things are getting better.
Fub... I'm just "full of it"!... I'm a comedian in my own rite & mind! Traded in "crying" for "laughing" today! Sobriety is awesome!

I've always had that "edge" of humor me, and when sober, I love to make people giggle and laugh! It's been nice to see more smiles around me these days! Inside, I'm cracking up much of the time!

As far as things getting better.... Yes, they are, thank God! However, I do know from experience it's a "buckle up cuz it's gonna be a hell of a ride"... life to live!

xoxoxoxox, CONGRATS to all of you who woke up SOBER this morning!

:ghug3
Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Great news, Katie.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Katie - Kudos for you. If you had been drinking, you more than likely would not have notice your puppy eating the CD.
I had a similar experience with my puppy awhile back. She had taken a clonazapan pill off my bed sid e table and was chewing on it. I got it away from her and called the vet. We had to induce vomiting with peroxide. If I had been drunk I NEVER would have known that she had it.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I sure hear that story. I had more than one go at sobriety before it started to stick. During one of my first sober times, my teen son was attacked by a gang of other teens. Nothing serious, but man was I thankful I was sitting there sipping a cup of chamomile tea that night when I called him.
I didn't need to be there for anything dramatic, no police or hospital, but I was so glad to just be there, be aware and be alert, meaning sober.