SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Having a really hard time right now (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/167989-having-really-hard-time-right-now.html)

LaDita 01-29-2009 09:34 PM

Having a really hard time right now

My ex just told me for the last time that it's really truly over and rather bluntly in a text msg. It's been over for a long time, I just held onto hope that it would work out eventually, now I know once and for all, that it won't.
Now I have none of my usual vices, coffee, cigarettes or chocolate to keep me at bay. I don't have any money until midnight when my direct deposit comes through and I really hope I don't give in and rush out and buy a bottle of wine once it comes through. Arrgh. Reality sucks!

Aysha 01-29-2009 09:37 PM

I am no good at relationship advice. I have been single for a few years on purpose.

Just dont drink. Its not worth it.
Buy the chocolate. Much better than alcohol.

KenL 01-29-2009 09:37 PM

LaDita, just stay here with SR and post and read. It hurts when things like this happen but it is not a reason to drink. Drinking is only a short term answer. Sobriety is the long term answer. So, my heart goes out to you. Just don't go get that bottle okay?

desertdonna 01-29-2009 09:44 PM

Yah, LaDita, there is life after boyfriends and many other situations.

Don't pick up a bottle. It won't help.

Stick around here. Then get a good nights sleep.

We're here to help your transition when you're low. See you tomorrow, sweetie.

Big hug, lady.

Donna

stone 01-29-2009 09:48 PM

Buy some chocolate, have a bath, cry your eyes out...anything but drink. He aint worth the relapse.

CarolD 01-29-2009 10:41 PM

Stay strong...you know you deserve a better future...:hug:

hardcor 01-29-2009 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by LaDita (Post 2085403)
Reality sucks!

Reality sucks worse with a headful of remorse...

Don't drink & amazing things will come to pass!

LaDita 01-29-2009 11:17 PM

Hey Guys, thanks alot. The craving has since passed and now I'm going to the store for some chocolate ice cream and then pass out!

:yawn:

LaDita 01-30-2009 12:59 AM

I lied. I didn't have chocolate ice cream nor did I pass out. I had a ton of chocolate cookies instead and I have been on this board since I came home from the store an hour and a half ago. Now I feel ready to pass out. Thanks again guys. This place really works. :ghug2

Strangef8 01-30-2009 05:19 AM

Glad you didn't cave!

adore79 01-30-2009 05:26 AM

Great job!

Fubarcdn 01-30-2009 07:07 AM

Way to make it through. Although sometimes nobody is on the board we are all still pulling for you. So,if you don'y get an immediate answer don't think that nobody cares. It likely just means that nobody is around. We are all here in spirit all of the time for each other.

ViciousCycle 01-30-2009 07:21 AM

I lit a candle and said a prayer for all of us today.......:candle6D:

chump 01-30-2009 07:38 AM

well done not caving. that took strength and that strength will be there for the next time

ToABetterMe 01-30-2009 07:45 AM

My ex just told me for the last time that it's really truly over and rather bluntly in a text msg. It's been over for a long time, I just held onto hope that it would work out eventually, now I know once and for all, that it won't.
Now I have none of my usual vices, coffee, cigarettes or chocolate to keep me at bay. I don't have any money until midnight when my direct deposit comes through and I really hope I don't give in and rush out and buy a bottle of wine once it comes through. Arrgh. Reality sucks!

We all hope not too! Try to go to bed before midnight, watch a movie or something! Do something today that will tire you out, long walk, something outside with fresh air. so by 11:30 your ready to get in your Jammies & call it a night. Tomorrows another day!

prettypoison 01-30-2009 08:09 AM

I just held onto hope that it would work out eventually, now I know once and for all, that it won't.

I'm glad you didn't cave in over this and drink. Chocolate of any kind in any form has had to suffice for my loss of a long-term crutch -- wine. Good thinking LaDita.

I know this is hard to go through. I'm not good in relationships and even worse trying to get over a broken one so I won't offer advice, only a listening ear if you need one and a big :ghug3 Hang on, we're here for you!

nickishine 01-30-2009 09:30 AM

You're so cute, LaDita!

I like the old saying, "Life's a Bi**h!"!!! Not always, but when you're going through what you're going through, it is! LaDita, please stay strong and get support here and with you where you're at to go through the emotions so you can get them out as painful as they are without drinking!

Drinking will only start the crazy cycle once again and your emotions will be compounded with even more guilt, shame, remorse, self-hatred, etc., etc. You deserve much better. In time, as we get sobriety and some self-love/care/respect back... we are going to have awesome BF's!... cuz we won't settle on 2nd (or 3rd...10th) best!!!

We care. I care. Keep coming back here to us, okay?!!!! Love ya!

:ghug:Val004:

James13 01-30-2009 09:32 AM

I'm sorry, LaDita. This must be difficult for you.

I am very glad you are sober and mindful of your reaction and how you will handle it. It's an empty promise our substances give us during these difficult times. They tell us it will make it easier to cope, only to leave us even more unhappy than before.

Enjoy those cookies.

Much love

Anna 01-30-2009 09:43 AM

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this break-up LaDita.

But, getting through it without drinking, will give you more confidence in yourself and your ability to deal with life.