Notices

I failed again....

Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi Erica

I was sleeping last night through your posts and wish I was there to offer some support to you. You are right it is harder for some people than others but you can do it if you want.
I wrote a letter to my wife and whenever I feel the urge I red it again and again and remember how bad I felt. You may want to do something similar like copying your posts from last night and remembering how terrible you were feeling and how the alcohol was not really providing you with an enjoyable experience.
The going up ain't worth the coming down anytime but especially not when the UP was so awful. Good luck. We are here for you and don't beat yourself up too bad today. Just remember the negative experience as an incentive not to repeat it.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

After going to bed and sleeping on it, I realized that my approach and comment/reply was misdirected and misunderstood. I was not trying to discourage anyone from coming here and I am sorry if that is how it seemed. I know that we are all here to help one another. I guess I was just trying to look out for other people and myself that were struggling to stay sober. Anyway, sorry if I came across as a jerk.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy Belated Birthday Erica!

You didn't fail if you can back here to try.

I will tell you something I have heard from my mom & want to share with you. As many on here are trying to encourage you & lift you up!

A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success
Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

eeerooo, Glad you are here and i understand what you are going through. My loved ones also drink and your right you can't leave them behind. Just stay strong and just take it minute by minute if you have to. I have slipped in my recovery, it happens to the best of us. Just don't give up and this is a great place for support and we will not judge you for any reason.

Heidi
Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

eeerooo this will be a good thread to read sober i think. I'm with least on the pets thing, the partner goes before my cat no question. I agree that you will have a harder time than most as your partner is a pisshead and you have your son on the same path too, but you can get help and lead by example if you really want to! AA sounds like a great idea, you will have people who care, who support you and from what my friends say about AA you will more than likely make some sober friends too.

Good luck:-)