Notices

A Thank you from Heavy

Old 01-27-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Thank you from Heavy

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share a little success story. I was in Florida for the weekend, I had to photograph a wedding. I left Minnesota and it was -28 below at my house. I arrived in Florida and it was around 70 something. The grass was green, the sun was shining, it really felt like a good day. I checked into my hotel, and the first thing I see is a free managers happy hour this evening. Free beer and drinks. This was my chance, I could sneak a few drinks right out in the open! To make a long story and struggle short, I resisted. I thought of everyone here and how good we are doing. I had a very satisfying Diet Coke, and was in great shape the next morning to photograph out in the beautiful sunshine on a beautiful beach. Thanks for getting into my head while I was away. I'll be away again for a while, me and the family are going on a cruise. This one won't be so tempting, My family will be there, and this family (You) will be in my head...

Hope you are all well,

Heavy
Old 01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

That's awesome and I am truly happy for you!! Enjoy your cruise, too.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

AND a cruise! Heavy you are livin' my life for me!! That is my dream.

I'm proud of you for resisting the temptation, it aint easy that's for sure. The reward was you had a nice time, left with a clear conscience, and some lucky couple had a sober talented photographer (maybe you have some tan lines too?)
Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I always love to see your posts like this.
I have to admit I am alot jealous of the Florida trip and cruise tho.
Your doing good. Glad we can huant you so far away. LOL
Old 01-27-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Congrats... That's HUGE!!!!

Just an FYI if you didn't know already... there's daily AA mtgs on the cruise ships. I've taken 3 cruises in the last 6-7 years and can't really remember a lot of details cuz of being sh-- faced. However, everyday I had the nawing feeling that I should be going to one of those mtgs. and I just might enjoy my vaca a little more...Oh well maybe next time! Have a ton of fun!

Where are you going?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by HeavyJ View Post
I had a very satisfying Diet Coke, and was in great shape the next morning to photograph out in the beautiful sunshine on a beautiful beach. Thanks for getting into my head while I was away. I'll be away again for a while, me and the family are going on a cruise. This one won't be so tempting, My family will be there, and this family (You) will be in my head
Sweet! That is a success story, and it sounds like you're enjoying some great weather and time with loved ones. Keep it up Heavy!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

that is wonderful
good for you, Heavy!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Thats great, have a good trip mate.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeavyJ View Post
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share a little success story. I was in Florida for the weekend, I had to photograph a wedding. I left Minnesota and it was -28 below at my house. I arrived in Florida and it was around 70 something. The grass was green, the sun was shining, it really felt like a good day. I checked into my hotel, and the first thing I see is a free managers happy hour this evening. Free beer and drinks. This was my chance, I could sneak a few drinks right out in the open! To make a long story and struggle short, I resisted. I thought of everyone here and how good we are doing. I had a very satisfying Diet Coke, and was in great shape the next morning to photograph out in the beautiful sunshine on a beautiful beach. Thanks for getting into my head while I was away. I'll be away again for a while, me and the family are going on a cruise. This one won't be so tempting, My family will be there, and this family (You) will be in my head...

Hope you are all well,

Heavy
Hello from a fellow Minnesotan, Who is also jealous that you got to escape this fridged weather!!! Eekk!

Also wanted to say how proud I am of you, man I do not know If I could have done that! But I have never been on a vacation or business trip& stayed sober, ever! Since I was 19!

Infact the last business conference I went to was in New Orleans - NEED I SAY MORE! And I went with someone else that was a big drinker. I don't remember most of the conference. And the owners son that I was with would encourage us to drink at lunch too!

Kee up the great work!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sweet Success!!!! That is excellent progress! Congrats!

:ghug
Old 01-27-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Heavy,

Good for you!

And, we'll all be with you on the Cruise!