Notices

I hate when that happens

Old 01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

(((nickishine))) You, my friend, have a heart of gold! Just please be careful, Sweetie, you're very new in your Recovery and I don't want to see you get sucked into someone else's issues and ignore yours.

I'm speaking from past experience. Since I was a little girl, I was always a caretaker, wanting to fix everyone else and let my needs go unmet. About 14 years ago, during one of my many stays in long term treatment, I once again became the caretaker. I remember one of the Counselors telling me that if I could work MY program as well as I work everyone else's, I'd be fine.

Please don't take this as a negative comment, I just don't want to see you (or anyone else for that matter) make the mistakes I did.

OMG!! There I go again!!!!!

Big Hugs,
Judy
Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
(((nickishine))) You, my friend, have a heart of gold! Just please be careful, Sweetie, you're very new in your Recovery and I don't want to see you get sucked into someone else's issues and ignore yours.

....that if I could work MY program as well as I work everyone else's, I'd be fine.

Please don't take this as a negative comment, I just don't want to see you (or anyone else for that matter) make the mistakes I did.
Judy, Absolutely not... am I taking what you wrote negatively! This has always been an issue for me in the past!... I would get so caught up in the drama or situations of others (my kids, big time) and I'd forget caring for myself. I'm truly addressing this in my life and learning to just "stay out of it" where my kids are concerned and other people in my life. It's sooo hard, but am finding that there's a peace that comes from "turning them over" to God and letting Him take control.

Sobriety is vital to me, finally at this point in my life. I could easily defocus my recovery on other things (uncomfortable dealing with myself) but need to. Doesn't mean I don't reach out, but not as before right now. I'm finally progressing in my recovery, not so much by just "11 days" but what I'm doing with this new found sobriety and seeing it through much different lenses! I thank God for you, for all of you here helping me another day in this journey!

Thank you! :ghug3
Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Is it the one that posted 4 times in a row? or am I thinking of something else?

I was on last night, but off & on. I always rush to post to 1st time posters or people saying they are feeling weak!

I know how incredibly empowered I felt when that was done for me! You guys all gave me hope! I would only wish I could give that to someone else in return!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hevyn - You are an amazing caring woman and did all that you could given the situation. You have helped me sooo much as well as many others at SR.
She will be back when she's ready.

Bless Your heart...

Suzette
Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The woman is already back you guys. Came back this mornin'
Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Does anyone else feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

(((nickishine))) So glad to hear that you are doing so well this early in your Recovery. Don't minimize the days you have or the progress you made. I had so many short terms of clean time over the years but this time, I knew something was different. I will never forget how I felt the moment that I surrendered back on July 25 of 2005. . . I knew that I had finally hit my bottom and the rest has been a beautiful journey. Sure there have been many a roadblock that has been in my path, but with the help of people like everyone here on SR, I didn't stumble at any of them.

Big Hugs to Everyone!
Judy
Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

When I log in I always notice that there are more guest than members on the site. I like to think that the ones we wish we could hear from are still checking in even if they aren't posting. Hopefully they'll be back when their ready.

Linda
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

It is a bit troubling that one newcomer can cause so much turmoil and self doubt. She came back, so please stop doubting that enough wasn't done.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Hevyn, Joanie, my friend...

As a newcomer I was thrilled to see you come and visit me in my new "home" by posting a welcome message. That meant a lot to me.

I believe the seed was planted and you did what you could. Bless your heart for caring. The world would be a better place if more people reached out the way you have. You are genuine and that comes through. Sometimes when we hit rock bottom it's nice to know someone gives a darn after all we've put ourselves through with the abuses of drinking and problems created. Whether people come back or not, you did the right thing, and I thank you.