Notices

New to the site...sister of recovering heroin addict

Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the site...sister of recovering heroin addict

Hey all,

I've never posted here before but this week has been tough and as I struggled to think of someone who I could call I realized no one really knows unless they're in it. It's a lot for some people to hear, so maybe this is the place for me.

My brother has been clean for 2 years now, from heroin, but last week he abruptly moved out of my parent's house in PA, sent me a text message from Chicago, and turned off his phone. We haven't heard from him in a week and my parents are worried sick. He had been living with them on and off for the past 2 years. We think he's bound for Montana- where some old addict friends live and where he had been living for a few months before moving in again with my parents for 3 months. Confusing, yes.

He is on suboxone, and has been for the past 2 years almost. He has a rx for up until April 1st. He wouldn't be using if he's still on it, right?

Anyway, this was long and rambling but felt good to write even if no one responds. I'll post in family as well. I'm just really worried and have no one to compare notes with. Would appreciate any advice.

Best,

A.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, I am sorry I do not have an answer for you, as my DOC has been alcohol. Maybe someone else will come along soon here in this thread. I've been reading a lot about heroin and sub in the substance abuse forum, so if you don't get your question answered here, you can always go there too