Notices

Drinkers that hide it

Old 02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

The question is, is there anyone who hasn't hidden it?

Oh, and 4dogs...I've done the boots, too! Gawd...
Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

OMG, Jowinbo , I laughed over the iron. I'm trying to picture this??!! Did the cousin swig out of the iron, or pour it into a cup? Either way, it would be a strange scene to come across. Sorry, but it's very funny, SOMETIMES, to realize how our insane behavior seemed so normal at the time! Most of the time, it's so very sad.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I only had one hiding place, but it was well hidden as my kids still don't lknow where it is... empty now, but still there. I hate myself for being such a lying ass... Who was I trying to fool?? Myself, that's who.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Wow, quite a thread!

Just my personal input: i never had to hid my bottles.

Mostly because i lived the last 10 years on my own and when i was doing my "teen drinkage"
i did it outside the house, hardly any bottles around until i was 19.

Then the women came along and some of them had drinking or drug problems of their own
so they came and went fast on my life and the bottles were openly kept in the fridge.

But it is amazing to which lengths people went to hide their booze!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Certainly. One of my biggest problems was hiding the empty bottles in various places, too. I would end up tearing the house apart to find them so that my husband wouldn't... he found them anyway. It became a joke on me because my sneaking was far from sneaky the way I thought it was. My husband can always tell when I have been drinking.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I was a hider and a refiller!

I feel oddly comforted that other people did this. Maybe bc it makes sobriety seem attainable (if you all are going strong then I can do it too.)

I just cleaned out my stashes in my home office yesterday-- lots of bottles in boots and behind files. I was disgusted--so many & each time I found one I remembered the circumstances of "that particular bottle." Ugh.

Almost to the end of day 5!
Best, as always
olive
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

I always hid my bottles in places where my husband or kids would never look. One time I hid a bottle in a box labeled "Books". Yea I knew my kid would never go there!! My hubby also never goes in the linen cabinet where the tablecloths and such are.

My most creative spot? A hairspray bottle! At that point I think I graduated to professional status!