Notices

Tired & Cranky

Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired & Cranky

The title says it all for me right now. I have stayed sober for 97 days (YIPPY)... but woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

I stick to a pretty routine schedule during the week and go to bed when I'm tired, which with raising a almost 3 year old (exhausting haha), is no later than 10 on the weeknights. Last night we had a babysitter and went bowling with some friends... it was a lot of fun. But we were out late and I didn't go to bed until at least 1:30am. My son wakes up around 7/7:30 on the weekends. So I have been up since than and I'm just TIRED AND CRANKY.

I'm frustrated because I always get up with my son... no questions asked, I let my husband sleep til he feels like it. I hear him up stairs right now (it's 9:30am here) but I'm frustrated because he never offers to get up with my son. Mind you, I love the mornings and normally and enjoy getting up early and starting my day. But just because I am not drinking anymore, and I'm not hungover doesn't mean I don't appreciate sleeping in from time to time. In my perfect world I wish my husband would just get up and let me sleep sometimes. This morning obviously being one of them! I will need to express myself to him... but for now I'm just whining and venting to my friends here!

Thanks for listening... I already feel a little better just by being able to write my feelings out. Maybe I should be posting in that thread, huh?

Anyways... have a great day. Hopefully I will get out of the little funk that I'm in this morning and enjoy this Saturday (YAH NO WORKK FOR ME TODAY!)

Shannon
Old 01-24-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done for sticking to a routine, i'm just starting to sort one out for myself.

It is nice to get up with the kids, they seem to be especially cute in the mornings, but everyone needs a lie in now and again, get that man out of bed. lol x
Old 01-24-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Congrats on your sober time!

Hope this helps you: I have to work today and it's the late shift, so I'll be getting home around 9:45 tonight.

I'm sorry you are so tired and cranky this morning. Be kind to yourself!
Enjoy some positive thoughts about your child, and then about your husband. When you are feeling a bit more positive, discuss w/hubby your feelings about taking a morning to sleep late.

I know you'll be fine, just a rough patch this morning!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Good Morning, Shan! And a huge congrats on your sober time.

You know, it's totally okay to be Tired and Cranky. Raising kids is the hardest underrated job there is, you're entitled.

Something that has taken me awhile to learn....I'm still gonna have 'bad' sober days. I had horrible drunk days, so I guess it evens out.

Yep, writing it out, always helps.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all!

I do feel better already! ALLPORT - I couldn't agree with you more that my son is especially cute in the morning. We are 'intensively' potty-training at the moment, I just heard him running to the potty by him self (usually ever 20/30 minutes I am taking him)... so I zoomed up stairs to see if he made it in time. He was just sitting their smiling. He hadn't even gone yet, (but did eventually) I am so proud that he is getting the hang of this whole pee-pee in the potty deal!

My husband left to go to the gym... than coming back home to watch AJ while I go run some errands. I am planning to make New England Clam Chowder today.... a recipe I got off of EatingWell.com... looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Toodles
Old 01-24-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hey Shan,
First, congrats on 97 days. Many don't make it that far. As for your day today? Your avatar says it all. If YOU won't take yourself seriously than no one else will. Tell him to get his butt out of bed and help you! Marriage is a two way street. Don't feel sorry for him and let him stay in bed all morning after a night of fun bowling.

Sorry to disagree with the rest of the board but you have a right to be in a bad mood. You need to train that boy!!