Notices

"Pink Cloud"

Old 01-23-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Pink Cloud"

If it anit in the book it anit so…Pink cloud is not in the book page 14 in the BB talks about this very feeling. What if the doctor told “hey Bill sorry this a pink cloud and it will pass”? There is NO such thing as a pink cloud. This is the feeling when God enters into your life for me like Bill it was sudden and profound. I think people in the program need to watch this “pink cloud” statement. It could very well return a newcomer back to the bottle.
Alex
Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The “pink cloud” is best described as a period of time where the addict or alcoholic experiences a reprieve from the struggles associated with early recovery. These struggles are generally associated with the feelings of depression, anger, resentment, self pity and the realization of where their drug addiction or alcoholism has taken them.

I definetely experienced a pink cloud. In my experience, I heard of this and longed for it.Finally, It really happened.I find the harder i work in my recovery, the bigger my pink cloud gets.I have almost 6 months clean and helping someone new gives me a "puff" more of my pink cloud. Some call it the honeymoon phase. I hope this happens to everyone...eventuelly. I helped my alot.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

HI Alex,
When I was in outpatient rehab (5 weeks) I was not drinking, felt great and did not crave alcohol. My counselor said "don't worry, you are just on a little pink cloud and you wil relapse." I was so pissed at him for thinking I would fail. Sure enough on my 6th week I did have a 3 day relapse. Was it because he said I would or was it because of me? I don't know but I have heard thie "little pink cloud" stuff a lot. It is very common for people who have a bottom like I did and then put all their energy into quitting. You are so dedicated and "on the cloud." All I can think of is to stay on the cloud and don't get off girl!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovinmenow View Post
"don't worry, you are just on a little pink cloud and you wil relapse."
What a terrible thing to say!

I am on something of a pink cloud now and it will pass...but that doesn't mean I will relapse.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

I once seen a pink cloud when I was on LSD. It looked real cool. I know it wasn't real but it was still cool.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by alex107 View Post
If it anit in the book it anit so…
LOL, being in the book doesn't make it so either...

I've had many runs at sobriety and never had anything that felt like what people describe as a pink cloud until this last time around. I don't know what it was, but for several days I was kinda giddy and gleeful for no apparent reason. I could laugh anything off. It gradually faded, but I still feel pretty good for the most part.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really liked how escaped describes this pink cloud phenomenon. I have days on the pink cloud. I am a little more than 4 mos C&S. I think too that maybe it is God entering my life. Whatever, I am grateful when I feel that way. I guess I am grateful when I'm in the black clouds, but they don't feel quite as good.

Mark
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Welcome to our community, Alex107
glad you found us
Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had never heard of this, but am grateful for reading the posts.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i dont think you fully understand its romanticizing
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hate the term 'Pink Cloud', it actually did drive me back to the bottle. Or maybe, I should say helped me convince myself I wasn't an alcoholic and I could moderate because I was afraid to come off the 'cloud'

My first quit I was on top of the world. I had found the answer to the 3 am cry of "God, Help Me!!" I no longer had to worry about all of the ills involved with drinking. No shame! No Guilt! People that got me! YAY!

Then ALL I heard was pink cloud, pink cloud. STOP this phrase. I was freaked out that I would wake up an emotional wreck and go loony. I was just waiting. The reason I began to drink was to overcome feelings of insecurity in the first place.

Maybe the "pink cloud" is god's way of harboring you through the tough part. Maybe some people don't come off the cloud. Maybe the cloud is actually a pillow. I don't know, but what I do know is that it's said to newcomers as "Just you wait, all hell is going to break loose"
Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fubarcdn View Post
i once seen a pink cloud when i was on lsd. It looked real cool. I know it wasn't real but it was still cool.
haha

My therapist also talked about the "honeymoon" which I guess is similar to the "pink cloud" when I had no cravings or anything...she also said it would pass and unfortunately it did...wish she wouldn't have said that.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

The pink cloud is a great feeling. But I am sure we have all heard beware of that pink cloud.
I never understood why that was.
But I do now. And it doesnt always happen to everyone.
But for me that pink cloud had me believing that sobriety was going to be all rainbows and puppy dog tails. And when I had those bad days. They were bad.
The pink cloud for me made me too complacent.
It like being high on early recovery. When I had a bad day. And several more. It was like a slap in the face. And yes..I did relapse.
Enjoy it. But dont get too comfortable with your sobriety. The pink cloud can also make you delusional.
And again. It doesnt happen like that to everyone. We are all different and have different experiences.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome alex! I think a "pink cloud" is normal...body and mind is healing...I do believe that Bill's "pink cloud" which you speak of was slightly different however.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

pg. 14 in the BB these were revolutionary and drastic proposals, but the moment i fully accepted them, the effect was electric. there was a sense of victory followed by such a peace and serenity as i have never known. there was utter confidence. I felt lifted up as though a great wind of a mountain top blew though and though. GOD comes to most men gradually, but HIS impact on me was sudden and profound.
The pink cloud statment is not in the BB. This is a feeling of the presence of GOD, for a low bottom drunk ex crack addict i was. i will tell you that feeling is GOD comming into your heart and shinning His light into your dark places , this is my experience. and people can make up anything they want but i go by what is written in the BB and the 12 x 12 and i have done my steps accordly outline in the BB and as a result of doing this my life has been transformed. This is in the book too. we have been reborn...
I fought this AA program for a long time, I would surrender but always had reservations. I could not imagine my life without using. All the yets happen at the end of my end. It was God who truly changed my heart and my thinking.
For me it what do i do with all this pain i have eperienced. To heal is to help someone else. It working for me.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

aaa
Old 02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Im almost 4 months sober and have had no cravings, im pretty sure im not having a pink cloud as i still have ****** days at work, home etc. But i do have a couple of questions:

1. Is the pink cloud alcohol free and if so
2. where can i get some?

Lol seriously though i have wondered a few times if i am on a honeymoon period and whether the cravings will return as they were no joke when i was trying to give up by myself before, no joke at all and it is heart rendering to read posts of people trying to get to day 2/3/4 etc as i remember those times very well, not good days at all!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mergirl

when I made up my mind that I was done with speed, I was. Not rainbows and sunshine, but not a constant battle either.
When I made up my mind that I was done with cigs, I was. Not rainbows and sunshine, but not a constant battle either.

I am grateful that I don't have to battle as some here do. I was a happy drunk, and I am a happy sober.

There are people here who have remind me to be vigilant. That when the really bad days hit (and we all have really bad days ahead, just as we have spectacular days ahead, that's life if we live it), it may not be so easy to resist the easy out, the numb. I appreciate those people who remind me life will not not always be smooth sailing, and I know nothing of pink clouds, big books, or 12 x 12s
Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Smile

i remember when i first was in A.A. after being in a 30 day treatment center (1989') the feelings from that time period i will NEVER forget! i guess some people would say it was a "pink cloud" but.. i KNOW for me it was a god thing.. it was real.. and i managed to stay sober 17 months in my mid 20's a TRUE miracle!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

When I drank I had FANTASTIC days and I had HORRIBLE days. Now that I"m sober I also have fantastic days and horrible days. The difference? I don't add alcohol to the mix, I feel the emotions good or bad. Telling somebody that once they stop drinking all will be right withe the world and they will suddenly be in the middle of a Disney movie is not realistic! Let's not forget, even fairy tales have their fair share of sadness in them.

Life isn't about always being happy. It's about rejoicing in those amazing moments when we feel at peace and about knowing that the pain passes when we feel at our worst.