Notices

"Pink Cloud"

Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

During my stints of sobriety this last year I have never had what I would consider a pink cloud. It sounds like a part of having it is not wanting to drink, which has never happened to me. I am hoping to get to the point where the obsession over alcohol is lifted, only then could I imagine feeling anything like what others describe as the pink cloud. JMO.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Smile

felly79: the obsession DOES go away.. for everyone it is different in how LONG it takes.. but.. it DOES go away!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh let's see...................I had what they call a 'pink cloud' now. I had it for I would say month 2 and month 3 of my early recovery. Then some of the MUSH in my brain started to firm up, and the FOG started to lift a bit and I started to FEEL. And I started to have EMOTIONS, and wow for the next 3 months I was all over the place, very high on the roller coaster and then very down into the depths.

So, you call it what you want, for me it was Early Oblivion and I am grateful I had it. It was when that started to leave that I started to hear the Old Timers and my sponsor tell me to "hang onto my azz, for I was in for one h*ll of a ride." Boy were they right!!!!!

I don't care how long one is sober, there are some things you just don't forget. That long ago hellacious ride is something this old gal will most likely never forget. It helped to get me today, many ODAATs later.

So hang on through those first days of detox, and then enjoy the plateau, because yes

"Just you wait, all hell is going to break loose"
But, and this is a BIG BUT.......................................IT IS ALL VERY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

You are embarking on a journey and a life you never believed was possible!

J M H O

DOS 6/7/1981

Love and hugs,