Notices

I'm new here, never posted on a forum before.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new here, never posted on a forum before.

Greetings,

I'm sober for 72 hours. Does'nt seem like much to me, but seems like an eternity in other ways. I felt very strange this morning coming to work. Can't explain it, kind of dizzy, kind of sick, but now I feel ok. The last few mornings have been much better than the last few years of mornings.

I'm glad to be here, to talk about this horrid problem I have had on and off for 20 years. This is the first time I've talked about my alcoholism to anyone besides God and my lovely wife.

Thanks for being here.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Masseyman:

Congrats on finding SR and WELCOME!!!! You are in the right place. Talking about your alcoholism on this forum will help tremendously. It gives you strength. Keep reading and keep posting! You are on your way to a new and better life!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

well done for finding this place and posting. You'll find lots of support here!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! As a newcomer myself I can say that you will be welcomed here and noone will give you a hard time. I am not a very open person usually, but just look at my post count! That's after 4 days! These people are wonderful here!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you and I'm glad you found us!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Welcome to SR! So many of us find support and inspiration here. That feeling horrible every morning from drinking is the reason I came here. Can't do it anymore. I need my head clear and my conscience clean. Every day I don't drink I feel better. Coming here reading and posting reinforces why I can't drink and that there is hope. Lots of folks understand how the battle feels, and how it is won.

Glad you're here
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome. We are all here to listen, share and support each other. Good luck. You are fortunate to have the support of your wife and the desire to make your life with her better.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Glad you joined us & congratulations on your sober time!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I have a feeling that is something I have not had before, no worry of what people will think about me. I've heard about that before, I understand it, but just experienced it for the first time on this forum in a small dose.

My wife amazes me, she is understanding and helps me greatly. I talk to her about this problem openly. The rest of the world see's me as, strong, hardworking, dependable, and somewhat of a "rock". I put up a good front, and have remained all these things to the people in my world. I am a professional drinker. I am really, really good at it, really good at being to work on time, fixing my daughters car when she needs it, being there for the people in my church, and on and on and on....

They don't know my struggle.

Thanks for listening in advance.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am also new, and at about the same place you are. I finally have some energy today. Yesterday I coud barely get out of bed.

God Bless us both! And may we embark on this journey with everyone else here together!

~Jules
Old 01-23-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome M-man!

Ditto to your posting-from the spouse support, work... all the way to my involvement at church.

We both appear to have the support foundation needed to remain well, we just need to work it.

<><
Old 01-23-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You sound like a very strong, dependable person...now you need to do it for yourself. Good job...its great to have someone behind you cheering you on and we are all here to help!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Masseyman,

There is a lot of help to be had on this site if you open up and let people in. I have found a couple of friends here who I have confided in and found tremendous amounts of love and undrstanding. You won't find much judgement here either. Most of us have abused some sort of drug or another. That is one of the things that makes us this "family of addicts." So welcome to a new journey in your life. Just take us with you, o.k?

Try to come back every day, especially when cravings kick in. Stay for a while and post and read. There is a lot to do here. Welcome!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome Massey! YOu've come to the right place for support and understanding.:ghug Glad you're here!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Masseyman,

Great for you! Congrats on the clean time thus far, and I wish you the best in your journey. Keep posting!

Peace
Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I will be in touch with you all, this seems like a good place to be. I have found that if I keep my mind and/or body busy I have been able to keep the vodka 'monster' at bay.... at least for the last 3.5 days.

Is this the place to ask a question of anyone? Or should I look for a forum? I'm really new to this forum thing. My kids have shown me a few things, but I don't 'talk' on the computer.

Its Friday, always been a subconcious excuse to drink on Friday....been telling myself for years, "I'll quit on Monday." Today I gotta get to tonight, tonight I gotta get to tommorrow.

Nice to hear from fellow addicts for the first time in my life.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can ask a question of anyone anywhere. You may be pointed in a better direction, but ask away!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Any time sober is a big deal. Hang in there.
Glad you are here.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Resident

Massey you have come a long long way since just this morning. You had never posted before and you already have 10 posts under your belt. Oh and congrats on your sober time too although I am more impressed with the posting. JK, (just kidding) keep up the good work.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

fubercdn, my kids helped me with the posting.

I think I lied a bit though, I posted something on a snowmobile thread once about 2 years ago...forgot about that. I just start clicking keys and waited for something to happen!

Walla! What I typed magically pops up on the screen!

Where were these computers when I was a kid.