Notices

Day Seven

Old 01-24-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thought For The Day

That's terrific Phal, I though that I would share with everyone the "Thought For Today" as is dated January24, fromthe book Twenty-Four Hours a Day.

Alcoholics who are kiving in a blind alley refuse to be really honest with themselves or with other people. They're running away from life and won't face things as they are. They won't give up their resentments. They're to sentitiveand too easily hurt. They refuse to be unselfish. They still want everything from themselves. And no matter how many disastrous experiences they have had with drinking, they still do it over and over again There's only one way to get out of the blind alley way of living and that's to change your way of thinking.

Hopefully all can relate to have felt this way while we were all drinking. I certainly can. Good luck to you once again Phal, have a great weekend and keep up the good work.

One Day At A Time.

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
Thank you 1day. This is the longest I've been sober since I started drinking (10 years ago). This is my first try at being sober-up to this point I practiced self-denial on a daily basis. Once I realized that I was an alcoholic (the disease takes away so much of one's life that it's truly a tragic thing) I realized I had to stop. I haven't used AA up to this point, I've just formed new habits.

Phal
Old 01-24-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family and day 9!

Thank you for sharing your personal story. We're glad you are here.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank You Trina, and good luck to you. You can do it.

One Day At A Time

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Welcome to the SR family and day 9!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats Gemeritus & Jules! What a great Mile stone!

Have you noticed some of the side effects leaving?

I am dieing for a good night sleep! Hell even a few straight hours. I hate being hot/cold/hot..... Followed by only being able to sleep for 15 min at a time.

Heres to your Next 7 days!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I went through all that your going through.

AH Yes, the hot and cold hot and cold feeling was terrible. What was the worse for me however, were the heart palpitations throughout the night that kept me aware. At times they had become so bad, that I needed a drink to help me get through the night. So, what did I do? I went into my basement where my stash was and drank 4 to 5 Nips. How sick is that? I made an appointment with my Doc, and it was diagnosed that the Hot/ Cold feeling that I had were do to my blood presure being to high. As I abstained from alcohol along with the medication, they left. Now, I can enjoy a good nights sleep. Be careful if you read one of my earlier posts, in an attempt to stop on
my own, I had a severe seisure due in part to the length of time I had been drinking along with the amount of alcohol I consumed over a period of time. Good Luck To You.

1dayatatime1
Originally Posted by ToABetterMe View Post

I am dieing for a good night sleep! Hell even a few straight hours. I hate being hot/cold/hot..... Followed by only being able to sleep for 15 min at a time.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by 1dayatatime1 View Post
Thank You Trina, and good luck to you. You can do it.

One Day At A Time
Posted in reply to my post of:
"Welcome to the SR family and day 9!

Trina Paulus
Hope for the Flowers "

:wtf2 ODAAT??

I thought this was Gemeritus' thread and that Gem was on day 9! Aren't you, odaat, on almost 3 years? Am I being played? Are you one and the same? Jekyll/Hyde and forgot to switch screen names? I sent a welcome out to odaat on that intro thread.

BTW, I'm not Trina Paulus, she is the author of the current quote that prints as my signature everytime I post on SR.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
huh?

Originally Posted by ToABetterMe View Post

Hello TABM!

I see you're on day 2, is that correct? I also had trouble sleeping as well as cravings. Had some night sweats, but not bad.

As it was posted elsewhere, your withdrawals are probably dependent on how much you regularly consumed. For the most part, I regularly drank 8-9 beers a night (5.9% Ice mind you). Toward the end, that increased as well as the bomb.com vodka relapse on the 14th.

No hot flashes, hallucinations, or ER religious experiences with hammers. Just discomfort. On the night before day 6, my sleep came back with a vengeance and on day 7 my brain woke up from being deprived of the ethanol fuel. The anxiety and depression is gone.

Was really surprised last night, when the addiction monster woke up and started it's yammering. It wore me down, but didn't give in to it. One thing I noticed, is that I felt alone. I was alone, but before when I was alone and drinking didn't notice it. It's weird when feelings creep in.

Having a great day 9!

Stay with it, TABM. It does get better and easier, but it won't always feel that way. Have you posted in class of January?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
huh?

I thought this was Gemeritus' thread and that Gem was on day 9! Aren't you, odaat, on almost 3 years? Am I being played? Are you one and the same? Jekyll/Hyde and forgot to switch screen names? I sent a welcome out to odaat on that intro thread.

BTW, I'm not Trina Paulus, she is the author of the current quote that prints as my signature everytime I post on SR.
I'm here, thanks for posting! How is everything going with you Pelican?

If there is any doubt, check for the official Hoopty seal!

BTW, my "Mr. Hyde" is a real bas*tard and loves trouble. The posts would be MUCH uglier than what you are witnessing. And, the posts would have come after starting trouble in the real world.

Thankfully, he went back into the closet!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ooopppppsssss!!!!!!

My comment was in response to Trina's Post. I'm approaching 3 years of sobriety. Sorry for any confusion.

1dayatatime1

Posted in reply to my post of:
"Welcome to the SR family and day 9!

Trina Paulus
Hope for the Flowers "

Old 01-24-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gemeritus View Post
Hello TABM!

I see you're on day 2, is that correct? I also had trouble sleeping as well as cravings. Had some night sweats, but not bad.

As it was posted elsewhere, your withdrawals are probably dependent on how much you regularly consumed. For the most part, I regularly drank 8-9 beers a night (5.9% Ice mind you). Toward the end, that increased as well as the bomb.com vodka relapse on the 14th.

No hot flashes, hallucinations, or ER religious experiences with hammers. Just discomfort. On the night before day 6, my sleep came back with a vengeance and on day 7 my brain woke up from being deprived of the ethanol fuel. The anxiety and depression is gone.

Was really surprised last night, when the addiction monster woke up and started it's yammering. It wore me down, but didn't give in to it. One thing I noticed, is that I felt alone. I was alone, but before when I was alone and drinking didn't notice it. It's weird when feelings creep in.

Having a great day 9!

Stay with it, TABM. It does get better and easier, but it won't always feel that way. Have you posted in class of January?
Yeah day 3 now. Nice to hear some of the things I can expect. Thank you.

i did register in Jan Class!