Notices

I am on Day 3

Old 01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am on Day 3

I'm on Day 3... I'm really afraid of tomorrow and Friday and Saturday. This is my first attempt at sobriety and hopefully my last. I look forward to contributing to the forum.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Welcome to SR, Texik and congratulations on day 3!..hugs, Grateful
Old 01-22-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found us.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today is day three for me, just one day at a time!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Liverpool 19

Originally Posted by Texik View Post
I'm on Day 3... I'm really afraid of tomorrow and Friday and Saturday. This is my first attempt at sobriety and hopefully my last. I look forward to contributing to the forum.
Hi i am on day 11 the first three days are the worst you should feel a marked improvement after day 4 take care
Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, the first few days (and often the ones that follow) can be tough. But welcome! This is a good place to be with lots of support.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you posted! Yes, there are things like the first weekend sober that can be particularly scary....but most of the people here have been through that and so can you.

In early sobriety I kept my life very busy and spent as much time as i could with other people in recovery.

checking out a support group, hanging out at SR those things can be a great help.

I spent time with my mom (blahhh) but it was helpful just cause she knew i was early on and so I thought I would be less likely to drink.

watch you don't get too hungry angry lonely or tired...
Old 01-22-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Texik. Everyone is here to offer support. Posting and reading really helped me make it through my first few days.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys... my days are really easy as I have a job I love. It's from the time I get off work until I go to sleep that is extremely tough for me. I'm looking for other activities to do but haven't come up with anything great.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tex, just come here on Friday night and Saturday. Read a lot and post a lot and you will surely find solace in times of need. We understand what you are going through because we've been there too. Good to have you here.

Welcome to the ride called sobriety.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, texik! and warm greetings to all the other new folks contributing on this thread!

hugs, k
Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Try to just keep in mind why you stopped

There are obviously reasons why you are sure you are an Alcoholic. Keep these at the fore-front of your mind for the weekend

AND JUST KEEP POSTING!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Texik, Welcome! You're in the right place!!!! Ohhh those weekends!!! For me what is helpful is really trying to keep myself in the moment and the day. I'm not wired that way as I tend to jump to 30 days sober, my 1st birthday sober, etc.... I guess I'm tired of all that fear for the "tomorrows" when I'm missing out on whatever is in the day for me right here and now. I just can't predict what the future holds. I just tell myself daily "Just for today, I will not take a drink" and "God, please help to relieve my obsession with alcohol". SR folks are on here 24/7 and we get through one minute, hour, day together and are never alone!

My best goes out to you! Keep posting, reading and reaching! We are all in this together!

Hugs, :ghug3:ghug
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone... the thing is I'm not sure I'm an alcoholic. I don't even know what being an alcoholic means. I do know that every morning that I wake up I hate what I've done to myself a little more. Whether its a hangover or how I spoke to someone or what decisions I made... I just wish I could have a clear head about things and not have to regret drinking and the things that it makes me do.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Tex, It's gonna be tough to not pick up a drink. Meaning, drinking is the easy way out. No responsibility for our actions, no dealing with reality. Dealing with reality sucks sometimes, but reality is the only consistent thing in our lives. You can beat this thing, we can all beat this thing.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

To enter into the rooms or forums of AA, the only requirement is to "have a desire" to stop drinking. No one can determine this for you. I encourage you to do one thing.... Pick up the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous (very cheap like $5 bucks), and read some of the stories in the back of the book. Also at the beginning there are different descriptions of alcoholics and you may go "Yay, that's me!" over and over again. Just an idea that I found helpful and to help clarify things for me (years ago).
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a great place for support. Just don't drink today... and when tomorrow becomes today, don't drink for today. Take it one day at a time. Come here often to read our stories and ask questions. Sobriety isn't easy but it is very rewarding.

:ghug3