Notices

70 days sober and finally getting it....

Old 01-19-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

70 days sober and finally getting it....

I am finally getting it. I had a spiritual awakening on the 2nd day of sobriety (after coming in and out of AA for 14 years), then I became a little distracted (opposite sex) and now I'm finally getting it. I'm staying sober for me and I understanding my HP is running the show and I'm NOT. I'm a little heart broken but I know that my HP is going to take of my hurt because I can't handle it. I go to at least 2 meetings a day and talk to alcoholics during the day and read the book and work the steps with my sponsor. These are all the tools I use to stay sober today, also I get on my knees and pray for sobriety in the morning and thank my HP for keeping sober that day at night. So, I think I'm getting it. Thanks for this website, I'm going to make it...God Bless:praying
Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome to SR! Keep reading and posting, this place is the Best!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BKP

Awesome getting back into the dryness of drinking. I went to a wake on Friday and this man died at 53 from alcoholism Seeing a body in a casket from drinking allowed me to feel like wow, this will not be me from drinking.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Congrats on the 70 days sober. Hope I can get there as well.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dismember

It keeps getting better and better too. You ain't seen nothing yet!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

MM... I've been in and out of AA for many years now -- mostly out. Recently I started scratching the surface and started attending again. After some huge binges and now being newly sober (4 days), I decided I really have to do things differently -- getting out of my comfort zone. I called a woman last night that I met only once and asked if she would sponsor me. Our conversation was mind-blowing and wonderful! I had all this fear for so long about reaching out, asking for help (being humble) and it just vanished within 30 seconds of our conversation. I know I picked a winner with her, I just know it!
I have an HP that's solid in my heart so that's a huge plus. Between the two, I just may have a chance now. I'm going to get rid of "doing it my way" and take direction as I really am ready to change. My life hasn't been working the way I've been working it any longer. I, too, in past years have had the same distraction with the opposite sex... I actually got married to a guy in '05 that I new in the "rooms" for 2 months! What an idiot and everybody warned me but oh no I was gonna do things my way -- we divorced 6 months later LOL!!!! That was my only marriage too, so now I'm a little gun shy at even checking a guy out in meetings, thank God! Good luck with that for you and try to concentrate on your sobriety and what'cha gotta do to stay sober! I'm with you all the way, friend!