Notices

I am finally admitting it

Old 01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Good for you! Take back your life before it's too late!!

Yeah, it started off like that for me too! Now, it's progressed to a level that hard core alkies no about! You can nip it in the bud while you're still young, sweetie! Don't wait until it takes you... it will take you if you give in to it... and you will look back and say to yourself "How the hell did I get here?" 20 years later.

Hang on, and go for the sober ride with us. It's all up and down from here but the destination will be in the journey!

Hugs, Nicki :ghug3
Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
Good for you! Take back your life before it's too late!!

Yeah, it started off like that for me too! Now, it's progressed to a level that hard core alkies no about! You can nip it in the bud while you're still young, sweetie! Don't wait until it takes you... it will take you if you give in to it... and you will look back and say to yourself "How the hell did I get here?" 20 years later.
Thanks...I was reading a few threads here and I guess I'm somewhere in the middle stages of alcohol addiction. I don't drink every night, but I drink several nights a week...lately it's been on the weekends...Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I moved from drinking beer to drinking Vodka cause it's cheaper and quicker.

I have blackouts from time to time. I barely remember yesterday because I was so out of it. From one moment to the next I couldn't remember what was happening...kind of like only seeing things in flashes. It was pretty scary and enough is enough.

I suppose it's not going to be easy...already today, just a few minutes ago I was thinking in my head...maybe if I don't drink liquor or maybe if I just take a few months without a drink and get to a better point in my life. Weird how the brain tries so hard to steer the body in the wrong direction.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

My brain does the same darn thing. You will find yourself constantly trying to convince yourself that it will be ok to drink again.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
My brain does the same darn thing. You will find yourself constantly trying to convince yourself that it will be ok to drink again.
How long does that last for?

I know when I quit smoking cigarettes it lasted for a while...for the first few months, every time someone would light up I'd wanna smoke. Then it got to the point I'd only get the urge in certain situations. Now a few years later the thought of smoking is repulsive to me. Such a dirty destructive habit. But then again, I never enjoyed cigarettes in the same way I enjoy alcohol.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I think someone who has been sober for a while should answer that one. I would love to know as well.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm about 3 1/2 months sober and I still think that way sometimes. Right before I hit 100 days it was really bad... I was struggling big time. The past week or so has been better; I'm working on acceptance. So, for me, it's still touch and go. But it IS better than it was. Not quite so overwhelming anymore.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my fun bottles were empty when I decided to quit drinking.
That seems to be true for you too...

Welcome ...
Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
I'm about 3 1/2 months sober and I still think that way sometimes. Right before I hit 100 days it was really bad... I was struggling big time. The past week or so has been better; I'm working on acceptance. So, for me, it's still touch and go. But it IS better than it was. Not quite so overwhelming anymore.
That's good to hear...that it's getting better for you.
Congrats on 3 1/2 months
Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
All my fun bottles were empty when I decided to quit drinking.
That seems to be true for you too...

Welcome ...
Thanks
Yeah, if it were fun for me I'm sure I wouldn't be making the decision to stop.

But it's no fun drinking just solely for the purpose of drinking...it's no fun turning into a mean drunk that insults people close to me...it's no fun going out in public and making an arse out myself...it's no fun waking up and not remembering fully what I did the night before and hoping I didn't do or say something stupid or embarrassing.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

That sounds like me. I am happy to say I dont want to get "the look" from my wife when I tell her something that I must have told her before when I was wasted. And I am happy to say I will not be the funny story at work on Mondays anymore either.