Notices

alcohol withdrawl is hell on earth

Old 01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Liverpool 19

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
redpat, you are doing good! I admire you for not taking that valium. I know I would have for sure and if you didn't need it, that's great. Of course many people really do need it or they can have serious problems, so of course one needs to seek medical attention when things get serious. I bet that was scary going to the ER. I spent a New Year's Day in the ER as my BAC was .289 and I was just toxic - I'll never forget that - had to go into detox for a couple of days.
Even worse was walking into ER shaking and convinced i was going to collapse and then being told i would have to wait four hours for attention that is why i left ER and called my own doc.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Redpat,

Thanks for the update. I am glad you are feeling better!

Do you feel like sharing about why you picked up again after 11 months sober?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Liverpool 19

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Redpat,

Thanks for the update. I am glad you are feeling better!

Do you feel like sharing about why you picked up again after 11 months sober?
Hi Pelican it really came out of the blue it was new years day i dropped my girlfriend off at the airport she was going home to the Czech Rep for two weeks.I live in the heart of Dublin i got home and started to watch Tv this was about 11am.At about 11.30 i decided to walk into Grafton street i passed this pub i used to frequent and then just walked in and ordered a pint of Guinness i drank ten more then staggered the short distance to my apartment fell asleep on the couch woke about seven and headed straight out again I dont remember getting home but this was the routine for 11 days as well as buying booze to have at home.To answer your question i cant explain why i picked up again i guess i wanted the buzz even though i knew the consequences.One thing is because i was busy with work i had not being to a meeting for three weeks,which really when you analyze it is a very lame excuse considering i found the time to drink non stop for 11 days and neglect every other part of my life.To finish, this withdrawl has being my worst by far i am over it now and i am determined to stay sober and healthy thats all folks.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

red, keep this detox upfront forever, and use it as one of your keep it green machines...

i did the house COW bit too, and almost six clean and sober years later...

i remember it like yesterday...

or what i can remember...

good wishes red
Old 01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

I am doing Milk Thistle
Detox Tea (both from GNC)
Two multi vitamins
Extra B complex
NO2 (GNC) Puts oxygen in your bloodstream and widens blood vessels for better flow. Good for sports and blood pressure.
Kinoki Foot pads every night
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Originally Posted by lovinmenow View Post
I am doing Milk Thistle
Two multi vitamins
Extra B complex
NO2 (GNC) Puts oxygen in your bloodstream and widens blood vessels for better flow. Good for sports and blood pressure.
Do those foot pads actually work? I have always been curious
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Yeah You actully see a huge discoloration on the pad just like the commercial shows. i cannot imagine what else it could be other than some toxic substance. They are white at night and almost black in the morn. I feel great!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Can you PM me the website?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Don't know about the web site. I got mine at walgreens. Seems to be a lot of doubt that they work but i will try anything that may help me stay clean. You can also get them at rite-aid or the as seen on tv store.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Liverpool 19

Originally Posted by lovinmenow View Post
I am doing Milk Thistle
Two multi vitamins
Extra B complex
hi lovinmenow thiamin is a great vitamin also and for a really good nights sleep valerian tea
Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by redpat View Post
Hi Pelican it really came out of the blue it was new years day i dropped my girlfriend off ............To finish, this withdrawl has being my worst by far i am over it now and i am determined to stay sober and healthy thats all folks.
Thanks for sharing your story RP!

I'm glad you found SR and happy you are sober again! I try to come here daily, sometimes just to read. Reading the success stories of others with more sober time keeps me motivated. Reading the anxious stories of newbies that want to quit the cycle of addiction remind of the struggle I went through(aka "keeping it green"). Also, reading the stories of people who have gone back out, helps keep me aware that I must be diligent in maintaining my sobriety.

Somedays, I just need a good laugh and read the jokes posted in our follies section! SR is a great place for everyone.

Keep reading and posting!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
Do those foot pads actually work? I have always been curious
No. 20/20 did an expose on this. The pads turn brown even if you put a few drops of distilled water on them.

There may be a placebo effect, but that would be the only positive you might get out of it.