Notices

Invite to 1 Weekers

Old 01-17-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Resident

Invite to 1 Weekers

I joined here last Saturday and it was crazy. At least 25 peeps joined the same day. so, this is an open invite to all of you to post here and just say hi I am still here and doing well. I know a lot of you are coming and reading but it would be good to hear from you. If you are out there Bongo give us a shout. We can all do this together. If anyone else wants to add their two cents that is cool too. I like to read all the posts as I don't got a loy else on my plate right now. That reminds me. It is almost lunch time.:ghug2
Old 01-17-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're still here!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

I'm here Fubar! I know I joined up with ya. I bit that darned bullet last night, kept busy and stayed sober, and ta-da! I feel great today.

I'm still along for the ride

Sorry I missed the 'rave' hee last night. I'm going to keep coming back because I need to keep reminding myself that this comraderie feels better than being hungover and hatin' me.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, I didn't join until Thursday but had my LAST alcohol binge last weekend so I'm in my first week too, . This is our first weekend clean isn't it? Last night was ok but am struggling tonight but determind not to give in, have been reading loads of posts and its really inspiring and helpful to read what other people are going through, I just keep on coming on here every time I'm wavering. First time I've tried to get clean so I have no advice to offer I'm just taking it almost an hour at a time at the moment and trying to keep busy
Old 01-17-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It takes amazing courage to see what needs to be done and stick with it. Congratulations to those who are just starting out on their journey to a sober life. It is hard and unpredictable, but I'm living proof you can live again without the booze or drugs. It was such a way of life for me, I felt like an alien when I got off it. Now I can't believe I wandered around in a fog for so many years. I've been reborn, not a slave any more - & if I can do it after 25+ years, you all can. Your new life awaits.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Just about through my 8th day. Great idea for a thread. Had a few little voice moments - but mostly feeling that this is the most determined i've been in years. And reading through this forum everyday is really helping too. Hope that everyone else on this journey is doing good
Old 01-17-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

Good to see you chump. You are one of the ones I remember seeing the first day I think. Keep posting and keep coming. I hope a few more that had our start date check in.