SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 months sober and still finding bottles... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/166839-3-months-sober-still-finding-bottles.html)

lovinmenow 01-16-2009 10:24 AM

3 months sober and still finding bottles...

When will it ever stop!! Everytime I clean I find another one in some real creative hiding place! Just found a bottle cap under the bed while looking for a pair of shoes. LOL... I know many of you can relate. I actually chuckled a little and thought about how pathetic I must have been laying in bed drinking Smirnoff Ice and watching CSI Miami and Intervention all those nights.

Yes, I had a few during "Intervention" on A&E.!!!!!!!

Texasblind 01-16-2009 10:39 AM

The same thing happened to me. When I moved and started packing I found bottles and beer cans everywhere. Just the other day I opened a guitar case I hadn't used in over a year and an empty vodka bottle fell out. I had to do a mass cleansing and got it all out of there so the new place wouldn't be tainted and I could relax.

littlefish 01-16-2009 10:59 AM

Raises hand.....I found an empty beer can in my closet this week. I was looking for some art supplies because I'm starting to do some drawing again since my sobriety. (I'm doing a lot of things again, since sobriety!!!)
There was the empty can in there, tossed into my art supply box. It was a symbolic moment: as long as I drank, I never achieved the motivation to draw or paint. Instead I was using the boxes and bags in my closet to toss empty cans and bottles into!
I threw it away and went to my AA meeting....

Toomutch 01-16-2009 11:07 AM

Another hand raised... While deep cleaning recently I found an empty vodka bottle in the back of a cabinet. Kind of freaked me out. I looked at the bottom to see if there was a little sip left. *slap*. Fortunately it was bone dry.

least 01-16-2009 11:13 AM

I haven't yet found any more bottles, empty or full, but am just glad I no longer have to sneak or lie or hide bottles/drinking.

James13 01-16-2009 11:20 AM

Found "the chalice" I forgot about (marijuana bong), and have found bottles and lots of bottlecaps.

seekinrecovery 01-16-2009 11:27 AM

OMG - how many empties hiding around these days - think I locate them all and then, like you said - clear a sweater, box of shoes, box of cereal off a shelf and there it is! And I check too for a sip or two in the bottom of the bottle, but there's never anything there - thank goodness.

seekinrecovery 01-16-2009 11:29 AM

I actually found a moldy beer mug in a closet the other day - I don't even like beer! I'm a wino - must have been out that day. :wtf2

Isaiah 01-16-2009 11:30 AM

My cat was playing with a cork the other day. Not sure where he found it but I'm glad he's helping clean up the place.

Fubarcdn 01-16-2009 11:39 AM

Congratulations to all that found bottles and cans. If it is the same as here in Ontario,Canada they are worth ten cents each. You may be richer than yoiu think.:lmao

Philly 01-16-2009 11:47 AM

My husband found a beer bottle under a closet. I never even liked beer so had to be really desparate to drink it. I used water bottles but I do smell them if I find one laying around.

Toomuch - Of course it was bone dry we are not that stupid.

What a shame for us!! Thank God we are getting better.:ghug

getr345 01-16-2009 12:02 PM

Would somebody please explain to me why alcoholics hide bottles?

I never felt the need to hide bottles, though I have hidden cigarettes and nicotine patches from my wife and I know why I did that, so that she would not find out I was smoking and/or addicted to nicotine.

prettypoison 01-16-2009 12:19 PM

Count me in a chronic stasher of the boozing evidence. I hid bottles so no one at home would know I was drinking. I hid travel mugs full of wine in cabinets/closets throughout the house that way whatever room I was in I could gulp some down. The next day when I had a moment alone I would sneak the bottle out to the garage to put in the trash can.

Yeah, I know wine wasn't intended to be ingested that way but...That's why I'm here.

fugfuggy 01-16-2009 01:53 PM

Drinking and watching Intervention on A&E is one of my favorite past times :lmao