SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/166805-i-hope-they-serve-beer-hell.html)

TryingSoHard 01-15-2009 09:14 PM

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

That's the name of a book, and I really want it! Has anyone read it?

This is the link to a chapter excerpt, from the author's website:
TuckerMax.com | The Famous "Sushi Pants" Story

Dear god, this is some funny sh!t. And you know what? It reminds me EXACTLY why I never want (or need!) to drink again!!!

I hope this doesn't offend or upset anyone, especially anyone very new to recovery, because it's really not intended to do that at all. Actually the opposite is intended - to bring a little bit of humor and lightheartedness to something that causes most of us a good deal of heartache and tension. I'm so sick of thinking about NOT drinking and stressing about NOT drinking... it's really good to read something that makes me almost pee in my pants laughing so hard about it. And as an added bonus, it reinforces my decision to quit!

So I hope it will also make some of you laugh. :)

(Amazon and Barnes and Noble also have sample chapters for anyone interested in reading a little more!)

CAPTAINZING2000 01-15-2009 09:24 PM

lol

I can relate

bstt03 01-16-2009 04:50 AM

Have not heard of it, but sounds funny. I love to read so I am going to have to check it out. Unfortunately my work computer blocked the link you inserted!

Fubarcdn 01-16-2009 07:47 AM

That is hilarious.
I just have one question? How can they print my story without getting my permission.:lmao:lmao

TryingSoHard 01-16-2009 07:49 AM

ROFL Fubar!! Well, Tucker Max *swears* these are all his own real-life stories...

I stayed up until after 2:30 a.m. reading various stories on his web site (on the right hand menu click on "The Stories"). I am now truly addicted. Once I had to get up and leave the room so my laughter wouldn't wake up my husband. I thought I was going to hyperventilate.

prettypoison 01-16-2009 07:52 AM

I really appreciate you bringing this book to our attention. Ditto on the being tired of stressing about being an alkie and just needing to laugh it off a little. After all, some things we do unfiltered actually are funny--it's just not funny that we have an affliction. I'll check it out, thanks.:c043:

Astro 01-16-2009 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard (Post 2065479)
I hope this doesn't offend or upset anyone, especially anyone very new to recovery, because it's really not intended to do that at all. Actually the opposite is intended - to bring a little bit of humor and lightheartedness to something that causes most of us a good deal of heartache and tension.

Thanks for posting this Trying. If I can't laugh at myself I'm missing the biggest joke around, thank God I don't take myself too seriously!

shaun00 01-16-2009 09:01 AM

:lmao that made me laugh......they probably do sell booze in hell...........but it will always be 1 dollar more than youve got in your pocket:lmao....for all eternity:lmao thats the "point" of hell right..

lovinmenow 01-16-2009 09:26 AM

sushi pants was a riot! Thanks fot the post. Im gonna read The Stories section.

Ananda 01-16-2009 09:45 AM

Pure genius!!!!!!! :lmao

Eclipse 01-16-2009 09:48 AM

Thanks alot TSH...I just spent the last hour reading stories and looking at his pictures when I was supposed to be cleaning house! I know I will go back there to read more. Thanks!

parentrecovers 01-16-2009 09:54 AM

12:18 I blow a .20. I AM A GOD.

:)

TryingSoHard 01-16-2009 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 2065983)
Thanks alot TSH...I just spent the last hour reading stories and looking at his pictures when I was supposed to be cleaning house! I know I will go back there to read more. Thanks!

:lmao

SEE?!?! Can't stop, can ya?!? That's why I was up until 2:45 this morning!!!! Stupid Tucker Max and his stupid drunken escapades. Stupid making me laugh hysterically at his nonsense. Can't...stop... reading...

SoberforME 01-16-2009 10:43 AM

O...M...G

I have a friend here who is a comic who does a GREAT joke about breathalyzers.

The hottest new iPhone app by Allie Rolison Stand-up Comedy and Video on RooftopComedy

seekinrecovery 01-16-2009 10:51 AM

enjoyed the iphone video - hilarious! Thanks for sharing. Need to check out the book ur all talking about too

Philly 01-16-2009 11:54 AM

Thanks TSH - I'll look into it. My work filtered the site so I couldn't get to it. Maybe I'll try from home or just get the book. I need the laughs.

Soberforme- thanks to you also. That was funny and not filtered.