Notices

new to this group and need advice

Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this group and need advice

Hey there everyone, I am about 3 months clean and sober and i do attend AA/NA meetings reguarly. I have a sponsor and she has been helping alot. I have been going through a rough time and need all the help and advice i can get. I am one of these co-dependent girls and i am trying really hard to get out of that way of thinking and living. I am working on step 4 and it is about to literally kill me because i put all that stuff behind me and buried it. Now, i am having to relive it all over again and it really hurts. Thanks for letting me share.
Heidi
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi..Glad you are here.
I know how that is when you have come to terms with the past and then have to go digging up old bones again.
I just think as long as I have already let it go and have moved on. Then it should remain that way.
But sometimes we have to do it for whatever reason. And if your ok with it already. Just remember that and dont let it get to you too much.
Keep posting.
And congrats on 3 mos.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Heidi,

Welcome!

Facing ourselves and what we have done because of our addiction is very, very hard. And, making amends, however you do it, is also difficult. But, it is the beginning of forgiving ourselves and being able to move forward in our recovery.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your advice. It really means alot to be able to get the support you need and to know that i am not alone in this.

Thanks,
Heidi
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
love rules without rules

Hey Heidi!

I really feel for you, but know that we are all here if you ever need to talk. It might help if you think of step four as a 'cleansing' experience. You are dealing with those past issues so that you can put them behind you and not allow them to continue to hurt you. Stay in the moment and remember that you haven't done anything that hasn't been done a million times before.

xoxo,
Beth