Notices

I'm so COLD!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm so COLD!

Hi friends,

I woke up this morning and my thermometer read negative 12.5! I was up before the sun and had to snowblow five new inches of snow out of my driveway. I had left my winter gear in the car so it was also very cold including my boots. There was a slight wind that kept blowing the snow back in my face, and a huge snowbank at the end of the driveway that the city snowblow kindly left there.

Guess what i was thinking the whole time.

I am so very very glad that I'm not hung over this morning! Now I say that every morning, and I feel GREAT!

Heavy,

P.S. I hope it's warm where you are.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

It is friggin freezing here too Mr Biggelsworth but not as cold as you are. Maybe all the alcohol in Minnesota will freeze today.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

It's pretty cold here too. Boy can I relate to what you said about not being hungover when there is a great task at hand. I go back to school today and I am nervous as heck. My crazy mind is working on me saying things like "well if it's too stressful you can always pick up some wine on the way home" What? Just this morning I was grateful for not being hungover when my phone rang really early. This is alcoholism, round-and-round we go. Glad you are here
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Well you just keep all that COLD, SNOW, and HUMIDITY right up there in Minnesota.

Grew up in Wisconsin. Left in '79. Family that still lives there, comes here to Southern NM to visit, I DO NOT go there, roflmao

Yes, I can remember the 'hang over' mornings, before 'snow blowers' out there shoveling and 'projectiling' from stomach, lol. Isn't it nice to at least be hangover free? lol

Just keep it up there, thank you very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Heavy - I am soooo with you man...the artic air is due here tomorrow, so getting all the crazy stuff done today (even tho it is only in the 20s that is balmy compared to what we are expecting).

So far, got all the kids off to school, after one went out to start the truck to warm up, and only turned the key over, so we had to jump the battery and drive in a cold truck anyway (LOL - my truck does not have a muffler and has straight dual exhaust coming out of the cat. - how on earth could they have not noticed that the beast wasn't rumbling on a morning this cold! LOL!!!!!!!), got feed, ran down to Amish country to get a blanket big enough to fit my draft horse, filled the bird feeders, brought more hay down from the big barn to the barn where the animals live, and NOW going to work!

THANK GOD FOR NO HANGOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Laurie, let us know when we can all come to NM for a visit!!!

GOOD ON YA HEAVY! GLAD YOU ARE BACK!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Can't say I miss living in IL or MA, it's in the 70's here this week!

But I do feel for ya Heavy, stay warm and remember that alcohol never warmed up our bodies, that was just an illusion!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Its freezing here too. And If that dang plow guy plows my driveway in again. I am going to scream. Thank God for snow blowers tho. We got one this year. And it sure beats shoveling.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am only on day 3 but one think I have been feeling is cold - even though it was ~ 70 here yesterday. I guess because I am not going through "detox" in the formal sense - my alcohol consumption was not so great that I am having shakes or anything - I think I am going through some metabolism changes, and one thing I feel for sure is cold. I find I want to crawl back into bed.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't forget how much warmth you can get from a hot water bottle! Sometimes I fill one of those plastic bottles with hot water from the tap and put my feet on it. It really warms the toes and will stay warm quite a while. Wrap it up in a wash cloth so the sticky stuff from the label won't get on your socks!

You can hold it on your chest too and it really helps chase the chill away!

Love,

Lenina
Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cold and WINDY here in Illinois. I think were going to get more snow and wind tonight from you folks up north. I need to move south!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Getting windier and colder here in Ohio too. Glad I'm in for the night! And glad my dogs are inside dogs and not lonely and cold outside! My stray cat shelters (window wells) have been occupied the last few nights and I've put out more food for them at my backyard feeding station.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's gonna be 35 degrees below zero here in Ontario tonight.

I seriously doubt my toopid car will start in the morning. Day off! WOOT!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i live in an old crappy flat with only one gas fuelled heater...it does has double windows...but everything around is old and nasty so it completely does not help my shower is messed up blocked since this morning so i can't take a hot shower...

god i love winter...and still it's okay...i'm alive and sober
Old 01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your bout your weather.

It's 75 and clear here!!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

And you live in MN because......? LOL
Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
BKP

Syracuse NY will be a warm and humid 7 for the high temp. I feel that hangover thing, thanks god my bones will be a little less painful without drinking in the morning.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

just got your weather tonight, 7 degrees and that stupid wind. It all came East.

can't you keep anything to yourself? Be selfish for once.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Resident

It is -21 here in Toronto, Canada and the mayor has found a way to measure and tax the breath that you breath out. Just kidding but if he could he would.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

It's warming up here, only minus 10 this morning.

Chy, I do love my snowblower
Rowan, I hope you are enjoying your day off (Wink wink, assuming your car didn't start)..
Fubar, you keep that arctic cold air up there with you.
Alldun, make room on the couch, we are all going to stay with you for the winter!
I think Coming Clean said it best

"god i love winter...and still it's okay...i'm alive and sober "

I'm with you!

Heavy
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey Heavy,
Another good reason to keep on with the not drinking, you heard the forecast for tomorrow here in central MN? -26 below! Keep bundled up. They say that by Friday afternoon it should warm above 0 again. Then we can look forward to enjoying the mild weather in a straight state of mind, and oh how welcome that will be.