SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Here's what I'm proud of today... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/166500-heres-what-im-proud-today.html)

HeavyJ 01-12-2009 11:17 AM

Here's what I'm proud of today...

I had one last family Christmas this past weekend.
I'm proud because my family knows I stopped drinking because it was a problem.
I'm proud because I watched them all drinking all night, and I didn't have the temptation I would have in the past.
I'm proud because I saw some of them choosing to drink a water or soda between drinks (I tell myself My decision has had something to do with this)
Most of all, I'm proud because I was not the loudest, I was not the funniest, I WAS the sober one, and I woke up feeling great.

Most of all, I'm proud because I had a great time and I did not need any booze to help me.

Hope you all had great Holiday's! and I hope you felt proud about yourself for something..

Heavy

shanman422 01-12-2009 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by HeavyJ (Post 2060481)
Most of all, I'm proud because I was not the loudest, I was not the funniest, I WAS the sober one, and I woke up feeling great.

I too had a great time this holiday season and am very Thankful for my sobriety. I'm only 12 weeks in, but so very happy and proud to be who I am today! I'm still growing in my recovery, but people like you and I remind me every day that I can do this, and so can you! :)

Congratulations! :)

Jomey 01-12-2009 11:29 AM

Well done Heavy! I'm proud of you! Jomey

Fubarcdn 01-12-2009 11:29 AM

I am a newb and I am dreading the first social ocassion where I am the only one not drinking. You have given me some hope that I can make it through it only slightly scarred.

Aysha 01-12-2009 12:08 PM

Sounds awesome. And I am really glad you are back with all that postive sharing.
Keep it up.

KindBird 01-12-2009 12:21 PM

Thanks for this thread. You do have a lot to be proud of. Thank you for sharing it with the forum..

For me I am just proud that day one is behind me and I think I learned something from the 45 days of sobriety I had at the end of 2008.

Bamboozle 01-12-2009 12:42 PM

Hello, Heavy! :wavey: Glad you had fun and that you're doing well. :)

IO Storm 01-12-2009 12:44 PM

Congrats on your sober time HJ..

I am proud of you too.

IO

weekendbinger 01-12-2009 12:49 PM

Heavy,

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it???? Great job on staying strong and staying sober.

I also had my first successful weekend. I wasn't sure if I could have fun without alcohol.....but I did....just like you!!! And what a great feeling to wake up without a hangover, without regret, with energy and feeling good. Keep it up and keep us posted!!!

allport 01-12-2009 01:40 PM

That is so impressive, not that you didnt drink (which is impressive by itself).

The fact that you feel good about the party and can recognise the progress you have made is so major.

I am so jealous of you (in a nice way).