Notices

very, very tired!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

very, very tired!

i'm guessing stopping the alchol consumption has something to do with be OVERLY sluggish/tired. what is exhaustion? i've googled it and everything i read is kinda sny like its code word for overdosed celebrities. i need to get back to my old self, stopping this garbage is the big part, but hopefully i'll stop being tired because i have a life to live!~
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shandi,

Have you talked to your dr or had a checkup done recently?

I think drinking can mask other symptoms going on in your body. Or, it could be that you'll feel better when you stop drinking.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Quitting is draining emotionally and maybe this is why you are tired. Think good thoughts. Only positivety-no negativety.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

the first time I quit after about two weeks it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was SO tired.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try some coffee????

Sorry to hear you are so tired. Have you tried anything to help? A short walk, more food, coffee, going to bed early??? I hope this passes for you. Just know you are doing the right thing and we are proud of you!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Shandi, I am suffering from total wipeout at the moment.

I have a few weeks of sobriety (mixed in with a couple of slips) and believe me this is something different.

I went from sleeping ok, to sleeping all day, to sleeping all day and night, it's not proper sleep, more like zoning out and being not quite awake and not quite asleep.

A couple of weeks ago I had blood tests and they were ok but I'm not quite ready to believe its all psychological yet, so its back to the doctors for me.

Its not doing me any harm at the moment because Im off work, but it is going to stop me making any progress if it continues, let me know what happens, I need the help too. x
Old 01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Yea Snore Snore

I slept like a baby for weeks. It was awesome since my body did not have any real sleep in a long time. After a little reading I found out that your body does not sleep truly when you are drunk. Lots going on inside with your brain and internal organs and you never really get full rest. I decided to listen to what my body was telling me and let the sleep come and take advantage of it. OOOHHH and I crave milk!!! Snore Snore I am going to bed soon!

By the way, check your blood sugar. Low blood sugar can make you tired. You can get a cheap kit at Walgreens etc.. No it doesnt hurt. The needle thing is so tiny you can't feel it and if you are still nervous you can even use it on your forearm. When I saw how small the thing was I even wondered if it would draw any bood in the first place.