SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Some people just dont want to see you make it. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/166415-some-people-just-dont-want-see-you-make.html)

Aysha 01-11-2009 03:04 PM

Some people just dont want to see you make it.

It's sad. But it's true.
Seems like some people just cant stand to see someone make it.
WHat brought this on is. I always disappear from the streets for a few months at a time. Most everyone knows why. And when they see me back out there. They are all.." you look so good." But they will be the first ones helping you fall into the BS.
Nobody want s to hear that your trying to better yourself.
But they are quick to call after a month or so. Talking bout some stupid **** that is irrelevant.
Just being nosey and seeing what they can get out of you.
I dont have any friends out there. So what the F*** are you calling me to see how I am for? Telling me "Happy New Year." And all that mess.
You was the same a**hole who put me out when all the drugs were gone. Now you think you my friend?
People make me sick. :soapbox:

Bamboozle 01-11-2009 03:26 PM

:hug:

James13 01-11-2009 03:31 PM

Sick people can't feel better about their sickness around people who want to get better and are getting better. Just take care of you. It has to do with them really, not you.

much love

coffeenut 01-11-2009 08:07 PM

chiy, I don't 'know' you well at all..but, it seems to me since I have been around sr, that you have grown soooo very much in your sobriety. And, Now....you know who your friends are. :)

CAPTAINZING2000 01-11-2009 08:15 PM

Resentments can be a good thing. After I picked up my first year coin. i saw 2 people passing some money to each other. Seems one member bet against me staying sober for a year.

In this case, I didn't do a right about face and try and prove her right. i stayed around to show, I'm just as good as any one that, I earned my seat in AA and I was going to make it !!!

BKP 01-11-2009 08:23 PM

Helping others help yourself is the mission.

TryingSoHard 01-11-2009 08:25 PM

Chiy, I think James hit the nail on the head.

And yes, people can certainly suck sometimes.

:ghug3

Jules62 01-11-2009 08:29 PM

Trish-yep-some people do actually suck.The thing I remind myself of sometimes-when some of the 'old crowd' try to reconnect with me(for no other reason than nosey-ness or jealousy maybe?) is-they did not ever love me then and they do not love me now.We only ever hung out to get trashed.That was our agenda and while theirs didn't change-mine did.

So has yours.You don't belong back there anymore.I understand how it p*sses you off and in some ways?That's a good thing.Use that anger to fuel your determination to not go back again.

The world out there doesn't love us-but there are so many here at SR who do.

Much love to you,

Julesxox

Aysha 01-11-2009 08:29 PM

I think its time for a new phone.
I know its about them. Its always about them. Just as it was all about me when I was out there. I know the moves. I know the deal.
How many times you gotta tell a B**** to fall back?
Trying to dangle a carrot in my face. Its not happenin. And it pisses me off some people even try.
I hate fake ass people.
Sry for the rant..But it just gets me so heated.
One time is undrstandable.But its like people dont get it. Like I gotta go smack them in the head so they understand.

Jules62 01-11-2009 08:35 PM

They keep at you because they don't want to let you go.You are representing something they don't have and they want you back so they can feel okay abut their own addiction.That's all.You're right it's all about them, Trish.It is.Be mad if you want-but don't engage them anymore.Walk away.You're better than this.

I think a new phone is a really good idea if you can manage it too.

And I just want to add-I want to see you make it Trish.I believe you can.

Jules xox

CAPTAINZING2000 01-11-2009 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard (Post 2059711)
Chiy, I think James hit the nail on the head.

And yes, people can certainly suck sometimes.

The same people that, always try and give you a drink or, hand you a joint or a line even when, you say no thanks :(

adore79 01-11-2009 11:54 PM

Geez Trish, I dont have people like that in my life, thankfully. If I were you, I were serioulsy just ignore them. You are so beautiful, like a flower, you dont need to be messed with by anyone.

littlefish 01-12-2009 01:02 AM

From your past posts I have gathered that your poison of choice was narcotics...(?) (Correct me if I'm wrong).
If they aren't prescription drugs, drugs are illegal, and dealers don't have the luxury of selling their goods legally in liquor stores and supermarkets, nor can they pay for ads in magazines and on TV.

They market by drawing people into social networks, getting them interested in drugs and then eventually turning those people into customers. Sort of like evil Avon ladies.
And isn't it true that a lot of users become dealers to support their habit? so, in almost everyone's eyes out their you are a potential sale, a source of money.

No one in that environment can offer you anything resembling friendship.

What is your social life like? When you quit using did you try to get involved with other people, not connected with that scene? There are a lot of great people in the world that you CAN trust, but you do need to go out and find them....

Impurrfect 01-12-2009 02:06 AM

(((Trish)))

As you know, I still talk (by phone) to some of the people I used to buy dope from. They, absolutely, do NOT want me to EVER be back on that crap again. They never fail to mention how proud they are, of me, and genuinely care about me, which is the only reason I still talk to them.

The people I used to hang with, who only want to keep partying and would LIKE to see me fall again? I haven't talked to them since I got into recovery....they can kiss my a$$:) They stopped calling me, when I raved about how great my life was (okay, so I exaggerated, 'cause my life is a little boring), and then mentioned that I'd grown up and the dope life just didn't appeal to me any more. The way I said it, made them sound like immature high-school kids.

So, maybe I wasn't real nice about it, but then I didn't want them calling me back, anymore, and I wasn't real mean, either. It worked...haven't heard from them since!

A new phone number will work, just as well.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Rusty Zipper 01-12-2009 03:46 AM

trish, the next time The Back of the Mall Gang calls...

a polite, i got'a go now...

dont put the dog in the fight!

xxooxxoo

mxchaos 01-12-2009 03:50 AM

Sounds like a good idea changing your phone number.
Remember there are only a few that want to see you fail and thousands that are on your side seeking recovery.

Tommyh 01-12-2009 04:10 AM

I used to have drinking / using frienks like that.I came to AA and found out what real friendship means.

Now one day 17 yrs later,one of those old "friends" called me to see if I could take them to one of "those meetings".
While it was good to get away from them at first,it was good to get him to a meeting.

least 01-12-2009 05:30 AM

They are not your friends cause they don't have your well being in mind, only want to bring you down again, down to their level. YOu are better than that and I know you can stay clean. I have faith in you! And yes, people do suck sometimes.

Aysha 01-17-2009 07:26 PM

They just wont go away!!!
No sooner than I posted about my dad. My phone rings. I saw who it was and didnt answer.
I mean..WTF do these people want?
What part of I am not coming around do they not get?
I dont care that your moving. And deeper into the hood too. I dont Care!!!
I am not interested in what you are doing. I dont care what you want. I dont care about anyhting you have to say.
Why cant they get it through their head??!!!!
I need my phone until I can afford a new one.
So what can I do?
Telling them to not call anymore isnt doing anything. Telling them I dont plan on going ove rthere isnt either.
GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!