Notices

I relapsed

Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey again danielson! Here's a number for an out patient rehab in california, it says they are 24 hours. You could call and tell them your situation and the area of california you live in, and I am sure they will give you a number for an outpatient rehab very close to you!! just a thought! 1-866-847-4506
Old 01-09-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

The company you work for might even have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), through which you are entitled to free or reduced-cost counseling. And even though it's provided through your employer, it's still a CONFIDENTIAL service. It's just a benefit that some companies provide. They have no access to what you and the counselor discuss.

Heck, I even used EAP at one job where the counseling sessions were scheduled during work hours, on premises. Talk about convenient! Free, and I didn't have to take any time off work or drive across town!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Ditto on the EAP stuff, that's what got me into counseling, and likely saved my life.

If not.. just for tonight.. anyone to talk to that will get you to tomorrow.

We care about you.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please call one of the hotline numbers just to have someone to talk to tonight with experience in counseling. And do check out your employer to see if they have EAP. Try to be kind to yourself. I know it's hard right now, but you deserve kindness just like everyone else. Feelings and situations can change. You CAN feel better about yourself. Give yourself a chance to heal and try not to be so hard on yourself. I am stil my own worst enemy but I'm getting better - and I thought I was hopeless. No one is hopeless. Just don't give up.:ghug3
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Danielson, I know that there are times in our lives that we feel alone and that no one understands and that there is no other way out, but there is always another way to any situation. It might not present it'self right away or when we want it, but if we keep on trying, keeping our minds open and ready to hear willing to try again.....nothing is too late, nothing is impossible, it is attainable.

It may be bleek tonight, but tomorrow presents it's-self with a new opportunity, a new day to begin again and make better choices. Ending your own life is never the answer and only being pain to those that are left behind to pick up the pieces.

The best step you have taken today is to reach out here and talk. There are many here that have been where you are and can help give you the support that you need to get through. No one has to go it alone
Old 01-10-2009, 02:50 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

dan
You have no idea what I am going through.
i will say... situations might be way different, feelings in any race, color or creed are the same...

where do you start?

try to start learning, and beliving none of us are unique...

good wishes danny
Old 01-10-2009, 03:47 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Danielson. View Post
I've been drinking tonight.

I was doing so good...()..

I'm sure I'll be OK tomorrow.

Man, I didn't even make it thru day 4. Got caugh up in the fun at a neighours bbq today, and could not be bothered even TRYING to refuse a drink.

I have had 3 closests suicide; 2 friends and a cousin. Seriously, even though I am starting day 1 again tomorrow, taking yourself out of the equation does not change anything. It just makes your friends and your family live the rest of their lives wondering WHY?

If you have already reached out to SR, then you do NOT want to leave the building yet. Try again tomorrow, and if you do fall take the advise of another...

It is not the falling down that is the failure... it is not getting back up.

I know i will be trying again tomorrow. I will go thru all my adminishments then. g'dnight.

(ps. at least i didn't fack up and pess anyone off tonight). but i still let myself downnnnnn.....
Old 01-10-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Daniel, I hope you're feeling better this morning. I thought about you a lot while I was getting to sleep. I was counting my blessings, as I usually do when I go to bed. Being grateful for what I do have that's good instead of focusing on what's bad or lacking in my life, as I used to do all too often. Having been in your position I can only say that change is possible and good can come from bad sometimes.

I know how it feels to feel alone and unwanted and useless even in a room full of family and friends. Well, we're your family and friends on this site. Please reach out to us anytime you feel down. We're here for you, just as many people were here for me in my time of despair.

:ghug3
Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I hope you come back and let us know your ready to try again.
There are so many ways to get help. It feels like there isnt anyone in the world who could ever understand soemtimes. And alot of times it feels like there just isnt a way out. But there is always another way. ALWAYS.
Hope your feeling better and thinking more clear.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Danielson,

I hope you check in this morning and let us know how you're doing.

As you can see, you have many friends here who care about you.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I just want to say thank you to everyone.

I started drinking last night and started feeling sorry for myself. I know I just can't have a couple of drinks. It turns into 12. I'm paying for it today, I feel like crap. There is a lot of good people on this board and again thanks for the support last night.

Drinking really makes things much worse. Today is a new day and I'm starting over.

Back to day 1.

Thanks again.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by Danielson. View Post
I just want to say thank you to everyone.

I started drinking last night and started feeling sorry for myself. I know I just can't have a couple of drinks. It turns into 12. I'm paying for it today, I feel like crap. There is a lot of good people on this board and again thanks for the support last night.

Drinking really makes things much worse. Today is a new day and I'm starting over.

Back to day 1.

Thanks again.
Danielson Thank you for checking in! And yes today is day one and that is a good thing!

We are here for you 24/7 no one said recovery is easy or you have to do it alone! Hold on to us and we will support you all the way!

Glad you are in a better place today and yes it is a new day and a fresh start!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back to a fresh start! If a chronic relapser like me can stay sober, so can you, you just gotta do it one day at a time!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Daniel,

I'm glad you're back and that you're feeling better.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Daniel,

I'm glad you're back and that you're feeling better.
Hi Anna,

I'm starting to feel better.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey danielson!! I'm so glad you are okay today thank you for letting us know how you are. We are always here for you friend!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:38 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Glad to hear from you. Glad you're ok.