Notices

I relapsed

Old 01-09-2009, 09:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Danielson, if you're sure you'll feel better tomorrow, maybe you should just try to get some sleep for the rest of tonight? If you want to chat or IM I'm sure you can find several willing and able people around here. Or use that number that Rella just posted.

Just please don't do anything rash.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I'm sure I'll be OK tomorrow.
Keep that in mind. It is another day. And always an opportunity to rethink things when you are more clear headed.
Stay close to us tonight if you have to.
Its not the end of the world. Even tho it may feel like it. And considering what you have told us. Thats alot to deal with.
But I know in my heart you dont want to give up.
You wouldnt be here if you did.
I am so glad you are here. Keep talking. I wont leave if you need to keep talking.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I know that you're feeling a lot of pain right now, and I know if any of us had the power to we'd take it right away from you.

You will feel better tomorrow, and we'll still be here for you. Get some rest, and please be safe with yourself.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No, suicide is not a good alternative. I have no idea what you're going thru right now, but I know what I was going thru at this time last year, and I thought of the same alternative. I'm now - finally - six months sober and no longer want to end my life. It's not perfect, many days it's just awful, but I won't leave it and leave my family and friends like that.

Have you any mental health support around you? Counseling? A good shrink? Anyone? I see an addiction counselor once a week and she's doing me a world of good. Stopping drinking was the best thing I could have done for myself and my all too frequent thoughts of suicide. I am able to face things I used to just want to escape from. No, my life isn't a bed of roses and I have many bad days, but I can face my problems with a clear head and not that alcohol induced overwhelming depression I used to carry around with me in that damn bottle.

Please call someone, a crisis center if you have no one else. You're too valuable to lose.

I've been where you are, I understand, and I care.:ghug3
Old 01-09-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
mergirl

You haven't lost your son, you will always be his father. I have made many mistakes, and put my children through hell, and our love has endured. If you kill yourself, you are setting your son up for a lifetime of pain. Below is some information on a little of what children of suicide victims go through. Get help now, and you can still have a relationship with your son.

"Children often feel guilty when a parent dies by suicide. Many children think they could or should have prevented the suicide. Children often worry that they did something to cause the suicide."
"When a parent dies, many children become afraid of being left alone or abandoned. Some children fear that if one parent can leave them, the other could go too. Children may become very anxious or clingy"
"Unfortunately, some kids think that suicide might not be such a bad idea. The sadness they feel after their parent’s death is so intense that they think nothing could be worse—not even their own death"

source:Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
Danielson please take this number as a just in case....and please let us know how you are doing- Know that we are here for you- As Dee stated "there is a lot of empathy here" Know that you are not alone in this-
If you need someone to talk ....other than us of course

USA National Suicide Hotlines
Toll-Free / 24 hours / 7 days a week
1-800-SUICIDE / 1-800-784-2433
1-800-273-TALK / 1-800-273-8255
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
Or, call 911 and ask for help. Tell them you are in suicidal danger.
I would love to call those numbers. However, If I tried to get help for myself, that would mean I would not be able to work and I would not be able to pay my child support. So, I'm f@cked.

If I can't pay my child support, that means I go to jail. I have never been in any trouble in my life. I'm screwed.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Danielson you can call those numbers it is just to talk-to give you support over the phone-

Please talk to us-if you want too as well. That is what we are here for-to support one another- We all walk different roads but we all are here for recovery my friend-So please let it out-Talk to us
Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like a few ppl will be around here for a while anyway D.

It's really hard to stop drinking. If it wasn't we wouldn't need sites like this one. Very few people manage to do it first time, and very few without some help of some kind.

We're addicted. It takes a lot of work to beat that addictive impulse - but you can.

I drank for 15 years - ended up drinking all day - been clean now for nearly 2 years.

You can't lose if you never give up

D

ps Rella's right - those phone lines are simply someone to talk to - nothing more than that
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Danielson you can call those numbers it is just to talk-to give you support over the phone-

Please talk to us-if you want too as well. That is what we are here for-to support one another- We all walk different roads but we all are here for recovery my friend-So please let it out-Talk to us
I just feel like my whole life has come out over the last 2 years. The drinking is a problem and I help.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I understand about the working thing. There are other ways. Meetings. I am not sure if you have ever tried them before. I myself dont go. But I know it has helped countless people. Thats an hour a day or any day you can go. Find a counselor. Outpatient program. You can also call social services and they can help you with finding and maybe even paying for these services.
And yes...You always have us.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I cannot believe that getting help for yourself would lose you your job. There has to be a way it can be worked out. And between us, you and me and us, we'll find a way. Just promise me you won't hurt yourself. Promise. I've been right where you are, not so long ago, and I care more than you know.:ghug3

I've been right where you are and I feel a lot better about myself these days. Change can happen. Please believe that.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Danielson you are here and you are reaching out so you want to stop drinking right?

That is a great first step....Finding help does not mean that you have to give up your job-it means you are willing to help yourself gain a better life for yourself. It is possible to make that choice-As others stated there is plenty of programs out there for you-and there is always us too!

Reaching out here is awesome and we are glad you are here with us-please keep sharing with us.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Danielson you are here and you are reaching out so you want to stop drinking right?

That is a great first step....Finding help does not mean that you have to give up your job-it means you are willing to help yourself gain a better life for yourself. It is possible to make that choice-As others stated there is plenty of programs out there for you-and there is always us too!

Reaching out here is awesome and we are glad you are here with us-please keep sharing with us.
If I had to give an excuse to be out of work for 4 weeks I would lose my job. If I lost my job I would be f*cked.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey danielson!! Sooooo good to see you posting here to try and get a handle on things. I'm here anytime you wanna talk!! You can PM me and I will do anything I can!! My dad felt just like you a few months back, he is a vietnam vet with loads of flashbacks and issues, and our family has helped him through it!! Lemme know if there is anything I or anyone can do
Old 01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

You don't have to be out of work for 4 weeks. All you have to do is talk. To us, to someone on the hotline, whatever. Just get through tonight for right now.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Daniel what we are trying to say is that there are programs out there that you would be able to go to work on a daily basis and not be out of work-They are out there-
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

And just FYI, depending on what your job is, you could qualify for FMLA. That would mean you could have up to 16 weeks off work and your job would be PROTECTED under federal law.

But don't even worry about that right now. Just keep talking.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Daniel what we are trying to say is that there are programs out there that you would be able to go to work on a daily basis and not be out of work-They are out there-
What programs?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-programs.html
Old 01-09-2009, 10:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't know where you are, but many cities and counties have counseling that's available on a sliding fee scale, so it's affordable. And that wouldn't mean you have to take off work, it could be scheduled for your off hours. Addiction counseling is another program offered by many places. Depending where you live there could be something for you close by. Just don't give up until you've found something to help you. It's out there if you go looking for it. :ghug3