SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Wow!!! Day 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/166073-wow-day-7-a.html)

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 03:43 PM

Wow!!! Day 7

What day is it? 7, Wow! I can't believe I made this far...Ahhh, but who's counting? LOLOLOL!
Now, how am I supposed to cut back, if I keep track of how many days it's been since I had my last drink? Because if I keep counting, I will feel like I'm in some kind of competition with myself and see how many more days I can hold out. Gesh!
Seriously, this has probably been the longest I went with having a beer in like....ummmm, I will say about 6 months, Hubby says 12, but what does he know? Plus, In my opinion...he doesn't have a very good sense of time. 1 day=1week to him. This is why I said 6 months because it half of what says.
Ok, well...just wanted to pop in here and say hello and I only have one leg hanging off the wagon...Sorry, like I said...I love to be silly.
Also I'm here to pass out lots of HUGS! :ghug:
Thanks for listening,
XOXO
P.S. I didn't feel like opening my dictionary, so I hope my spelling of ok.

bovinePieBear 01-07-2009 03:52 PM

Many conratulations. After one week, I reckon I'd save... oh, some few pennies or so. Why not use your savings and splash out on an obscenely massive cream bun to celebrate! Err, perhaps that's just me...

:c011:

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by bovinePieBear (Post 2053841)
Many conratulations. After one week, I reckon I'd save... oh, some few pennies or so. Why not use your savings and splash out on an obscenely massive cream bun to celebrate! Err, perhaps that's just me...

:c011:

I would say...Oh, Yummy that sounds good, but you know what? I really don't know what a cream bun is :lmao
I know, I'm a dork....I've just never heard of that before. So, is it something sweet to eat? Because if it is, then your right up my alley....This girl LOVES sweets.
If I can make it a year, then it will be a round of cream buns for everyone...lol. Looks like you guys ain't gettin any.
I'm joking!
Thanks for responding to my post!
XOXO

kat2009 01-07-2009 04:13 PM

Congrats! It's been 5 days for me and i'm like WOW! Vodka was my poison for quite a few years and yea the sweet cravings have kicked in.
Peace and Love

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 04:38 PM

Thank you Kat2009 and Congratulations to you as well!!!
My preference of beer is Bud Ice, I used to drink the real cheap stuff until a few years ago, back when my hubby drank, he turned me on to it. What a man!
Anyway, I've always loved sweets but it does kick in a little more when I'm not drinking.
I also crave coffee a little more too and it does not matter what time of the day it is. Morning or night...if I want a cup of Java I'm on it.
Peace and Love to you too Doll!
:c015:
XOXO

michigangirl 01-07-2009 04:40 PM

Congratulations!!!!!

stone 01-07-2009 04:53 PM

Congrats Day! Keep it up! :) Cream bun, lol. It is a british thing. How about a donut? :32:

bovinePieBear 01-07-2009 04:55 PM

Donut?? Pfft. Allow me to introduce to you... the Cream Bun:

cream bun - Google Image Search

Enough21 01-07-2009 05:05 PM

I think I drooled a little bit.....mmmmm.

least 01-07-2009 05:08 PM

Congrats on one whole week!:Val004:

stone 01-07-2009 05:12 PM

I prefer donuts, lol.

snowdog 01-07-2009 05:13 PM

Congrats Aday!!! 7 days is great! Only day 4 here and struggling tonight.

And BPB- those cream buns look worth moving to the UK for!! Thanks for the visual.

crayola 01-07-2009 05:18 PM

Congrats!

On day 7 - I started the same day as you :) One whole week, whoo hoo!
Ditto on the vodka out - sweet cravings in - I hardly ever ate sweets before but I'm noshin on the Christmas chocs (in moderation). Serious NOM NOM on the cream buns, I'm jealous!

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 05:22 PM

ohhhhhh awwwwwww...Me Likey!

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by snowdog (Post 2053977)
Congrats Aday!!! 7 days is great! Only day 4 here and struggling tonight.

And BPB- those cream buns look worth moving to the UK for!! Thanks for the visual.

Congrats on day 4! I was struggling last night and made it through...your doing great, keep it up.
I felt my seams rip a little when I seen the cream buns...lol
XOXO

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Enough21 (Post 2053964)
I think I drooled a little bit.....mmmmm.

Here's a tissue for you...lol
XOXO

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by crayola (Post 2053983)
On day 7 - I started the same day as you :) One whole week, whoo hoo!
Ditto on the vodka out - sweet cravings in - I hardly ever ate sweets before but I'm noshin on the Christmas chocs (in moderation). Serious NOM NOM on the cream buns, I'm jealous!

Happy 1 week Birthday!
Let's share a cake :bday6....blow out the candles and make a wish that we can make it another day...I would say another week, but I'd rather not.
It's easier going day to day.
Congrats and Thank You!
Here's a hug for you...:ghug3
XOXO

bovinePieBear 01-07-2009 05:49 PM

Avast! Cream Buns shall thwart the Donuts!

ADayAtATime 01-07-2009 06:13 PM

:lmao:

Originally Posted by bovinePieBear (Post 2054035)
Avast! Cream Buns shall thwart the Donuts!

Sonky 01-07-2009 06:21 PM

We have cream buns here too - and have to agree that they beat the donut (even the Krispy Cremes) hands down!!

Rats, have to go out to do the banking now, and have to walk past the bakery to get to the bank, and it's lunch time.....hhmmmmmmm???