Notices

I'm home!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm home!

Just a quick note to let y'all know that I'm back from my trip.

Yesterday was an airport nightmare and today I am utterly exhausted, but I am HOME! And if anyone wants to see any of my Niagara Falls pictures, just let me know! I actually got a few good ones - I am very pleased. Froze every last little body part I had to get them.... but it was worth it!

So, in scrolling through posts it feels like I've been away a lot longer than 4 days!!!! I have some MAJOR catching up to do! But I wanted to say hi because I've missed you all so VERY much! I thought about this place A LOT while I was gone. But hey, I was stuck in 2 different airports yesterday for a total of about 10 1/2 hours and I did NOT set foot into a hotel bar! Not even a place to get food that even sold alcohol (and that was hard to do in Detroit - their airport is huge and has a lot of stuff). So... YAY ME! 97 days and still goin'. :ghug

Oh, and here's one picture for ya:
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautiful picture TSH!! Welcome back and definitely yah you!!! Congratulations on remaining sober through the airport and throughout your vacation. You are doing well and really glad for your safe return.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

TSH,

Nice pic! Glad you made it home safe and sober! Seems these days no trip involving airports or airplanes is easy.

So, how did T and A do?

Love,

Lenina
Old 01-05-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

TSH~ Nice to see you back! I'm glad you are back safe =) I love that picture, it's gorgeous!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TSH-

Glad your back. We made it through the holidays!! I hope you enjoyed your sober trip. I have yet to have a vacation since I have been sober. My favorite spots are Islands and Vegas which is not good for sobriety.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back and thank you so much for all your support!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Good to hear from you again, TSH! Glad your trip went well. The T and A trip...

97 days sober: Simply awesome.

Btw, that's a really awesome picture you posted. Great composition.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
So, how did T and A do?
ROFL! You remembered!! They were great. T is the one I had not told that I quit drinking before I got there. We went out to dinner as soon as she picked me up and the airport, and she and her boyfriend were going to have wine so she asked me if I wanted to just get a bottle. I simply said, "No, thanks, I don't drink anymore" and hoped it could stay at that. For the most part it did, so that was good. Turns out I probably could have talked to her about it in more detail if I had wanted to, because she said her dad was an alcoholic and she sometimes wonders if she drinks too much and that she's thought about quitting from time to time. Then again, the next night, both she and her boyfriend left more than half-full glasses of wine on the table when we left the restaurant!! The waitress even asked them twice if they were sure they didn't want to finish it and they were like... "Eh... nah." Boggles the mind. LOL

I had told A before the trip that I wasn't drinking anymore. She was fine with it and didn't push it when I first told her. Then, once we were alone on Saturday, she said, "Ok, so this thing with you not drinking anymore. Tell me about it. How come? When? How long has it been?" I just said, "Oh, well, let me think... hmm... I guess it's been somewhere around 3 months" - trying to play it cool, like I don't know EXACTLY how many days it's been since my last drink!!! Thankfully after that she didn't keep asking. She knows me pretty well and she could probably tell that I just wanted to drop it. I know that I COULD tell her about it if I wanted to, I just didn't want to right then and there. Ya know?

But they were good. It was REALLY good to see A again, even though it was for a little less than 24 hours. And the Falls were GORGEOUS. Truly breathtaking. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip, and the airport mess yesterday sucked, but I'm really glad I got to go.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by Philly View Post
TSH-

Glad your back. We made it through the holidays!! I hope you enjoyed your sober trip. I have yet to have a vacation since I have been sober. My favorite spots are Islands and Vegas which is not good for sobriety.
Hey Philly!

Yeah - YAY that the holidays are over! LOL It was fun and all, but *whew*. I've now had 2 mini-vacations in the last month and I somehow made it through both of them. I'm impressed considering that none of the people I was with knew I had a drinking problem OR knew I quit, and I STILL didn't drink. In the past I would have TOTALLY used that as an "excuse" to be able to get away with it.

Very true about Vegas. I've been there twice and definitely want to go back - someday - but wow, it will take some hardcore planning and mental prep work to get through that sober. I don't think I can attempt that one for a while. It's definitely possible, but geesh. The alcohol is just EVERYWHERE. And lots of times it's even FREE. Very hard to say no to.

But we can DO THIS!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

And I think this one picture alone made the entire trip worthwhile:

I won't bore y'all with any more, though.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
OMG that looks cold!! But very beautiful, loved both the pics. Thanks for checking in, glad you're back!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

It was FREAKING COLD!!! I have never been so cold in all my life. And I only THOUGHT it was cold during the day. Nighttime was absolutely brutal!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome back, thanx for the update. Your pix are great and you are not boring me, I love photography.

You realize, of course, that this will always be known as TSH's T and A trip... ... Glad you stayed sober and happy!!

My best friend in the universe is coming to visit me for 3 days tomorrow. There will be lots of talking about my recovery, rehab, etc...

Mark
Old 01-05-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
And I think this one picture alone made the entire trip worthwhile:

I won't bore y'all with any more, though.
That is so beautiful!!

I want to see more.

Welcome back. Glad you had fun.
Dotn know where you live..But I am a few hours from Niagra Falls and IT IS COOOOLD!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm a southern girl. While I was in NY/Canada, it was 70F and sunny at home. My husband took our son to the zoo. I was almost dying from frostbite in NF. :P Now that I'm home the freaking 70-degree weather is gone. It's now 32, raining, and we're under a winter weather advisory!!! BLAH
Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I took this at the Detroit airport. I didn't even have my tripod - it was checked in my suitcase. I'm pretty pleased with it. Just thought I'd share!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thats pretty cool looking.