SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   need support bad right now (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/165801-need-support-bad-right-now.html)

mtnmagic 01-04-2009 08:09 AM

need support bad right now

Hi. I'm trying to take the right steps and get and stay back sober.
I finally went to the hopsital for some help and was released yesterday
afternoon after three days. They called in two perscriptions. One for the coninued withdrawl, librium and a medication called campral. Also lactimal was prescripted. I'm not asking for medical advice and I will take as prescribed. Does anybody
here have any experience with these meds. I really want to stay sober.
Thank you in advance for your support.

SerenityGirl 01-04-2009 08:13 AM

Don't have any advise,Mtn, just a ((hug))hang in there...

Taking5 01-04-2009 08:16 AM

Campral is to control cravings. You can google about any drug in the world like this:

"<insert drug name> wiki"

Hit "I feel lucky" and it will take you to the wikipedia page for that drug. I have found this helpful.

doorknob 01-04-2009 08:22 AM

Hi, Mtnmagic. Sorry you're having a rough time. :hug:

Campral is to help with cravings. Lamictal is an anticonvulsant and is also used for bipolar disorder.

mtnmagic 01-04-2009 08:27 AM

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it.

Rowan 01-04-2009 08:59 AM

It's good to see you getting help. Keep us posted on your progress. You can do this.

miss communicat 01-04-2009 08:59 AM

mnt magic

i don't have any experience with withdrawal medications, but I am glad that you got help. Have you gone to AA meetings?

Anna 01-04-2009 09:24 AM

I have no experience with the medications either, but I'm glad that you're here and that you're seeking support.

grrrr 01-04-2009 09:39 AM

Hi mtnmagic. No advice, just hugs. I have really appreciated your support here and wish you the best getting through the withdrawal. I do have a friend who has used those meds successfully. You can do this.

:Val004:

mtnmagic 01-04-2009 09:48 AM

Thanks again. I know that I have to do this. I just don't want to die.
I was so proud of my self staying sober 51 days and then for no excuse whatso ever I relapsed. I know what this disease does to people. I'm so
very ashamed. I was going to a meeting every day. I have to get over my
shame and just go back, no matter what. Nothing can be worse then living
like I'm trying to live. I feel I'm going to shatter in a million pieces. How I haven't lost my job, I really don't know, who knows I still might. Thanks again.

mtnmagic

tobefree4me 01-04-2009 09:48 AM

Hi MtnMagic,
Congratulations on your deciding to get medical help. I took campral for only a short period of time- I personally didn't notice a difference in cravings, but, everyone is different. I also was prescribed antibuse which was MUCH stronger and I didn't dare drink while I was on it-It can be very toxic if drinking with it. Unfortunately, I could just quit taking antibuse for a few days and drink again. Darn addictions! Ask your doc! I finally decided not to do any drugs and checked myself into inpatient treatment - ended up being the smartest decision I made. Am sober now with no cravings. Don't know about lactimal.
Best wishes in your sobriety!

grrrr 01-04-2009 09:53 AM

hey magic,
I am sure your home group will be glad that you are back. Everyone struggles and you are doing the right thing by getting medical help. The holidays are an especially tough time to stay sober, and all that is over now. That is great that you have your job. Keep posting and leaning on the support here. The pieces will come back together...
K

Taking5 01-04-2009 10:08 AM

mtnmagic,

When I relapsed, my AA home group welcomed me back with open arms. That was when I really knew I was in the right group.

So go back to AA, we don't shoot our wounded.

Impurrfect 01-04-2009 11:58 AM

(((Mtnmagic)))

I'm glad you're back and getting help.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Katie09 01-04-2009 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by mtnmagic (Post 2048652)
Hi. I'm trying to take the right steps and get and stay back sober.
I finally went to the hopsital for some help and was released yesterday
afternoon after three days. They called in two perscriptions. One for the coninued withdrawl, librium and a medication called campral. Also lactimal was prescripted. I'm not asking for medical advice and I will take as prescribed. Does anybody
here have any experience with these meds. I really want to stay sober.
Thank you in advance for your support.

Yes, I've taken Campral and just started back on Lamictal today. The Campral is for cravings and Lamictal is a mood stabilizer. I must say the Lamictal is sort of a wonder drug for me, and I wish I had never gone off of it. Good luck.

nocoincidence56 01-04-2009 12:47 PM

Hey MtnMgc.
Librium is a really early benzodiazepine, been around for a long time. Sort of crude in its' effects compared to the other more modern versions, xanax, klonopin, ativan, valium. It is used to prevent seizure in alcohol/benzo detoxes (among other uses). Only problem with it, and other benzo's, is the mood altering effects. It wouldn't be too hard to trade one drug for another......
Anyway, take EVERYTHING as directed, hang in there, stay in the rooms of your choice, and DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!
We are all here for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grinattk:

Danielson. 01-04-2009 01:03 PM

Hang in there.

Aysha 01-04-2009 01:22 PM

I am glad to see you back too..And getting help.
I never drank...so I dont know anything about it.

Keep trying. You'll be ok.

grrrr 01-05-2009 07:48 AM

Hi mtnmagic,
How are you feeling this morning? Hope the meds are helping you out.