Notices

need support bad right now

Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Is It Just Booze???

Originally Posted by mtnmagic View Post
Hi. I'm trying to take the right steps and get and stay back sober.
I finally went to the hopsital for some help and was released yesterday
afternoon after three days. They called in two perscriptions. One for the coninued withdrawl, librium and a medication called campral. Also lactimal was prescripted. I'm not asking for medical advice and I will take as prescribed. Does anybody
here have any experience with these meds. I really want to stay sober.
Thank you in advance for your support.
I'm assuming That Your coming off alcohol Primarilly.... If So ? They are A
Great Composition Of Anti Seizure,Anxiety,Withdrawal Meds There are!
There Is No Magic Pill??? But You Know That!
Yes, These Meds are Fine If Your Coming Alcohol /Benzos' So Buckle Your
Seatbelt Your In for a Ride!!!!
I would Highly Suggest you make a couple Meetings a day If Possible?
I'm Thinking That You can't Possibly Be working Right Now??? Right???
So Go Sit In Meetings Even If all you Do Is sit there and squirm?????
The Minutes Will add Up To Hours and Hours to Days!!!! Just Don't Pick Up A drink and You'll Get Better Dispite Yourself..... Good Luck Dude

P.S Just Stay Loose and Keep
Off Da' Juice!!!!:wtf2
Old 01-05-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cool hang in there

hang in there dude!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there! You can do it! Just be good to yourself.:ghug3
Old 01-06-2009, 03:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to sobriety and SR...

I consider that when I started my AA Steps
was the beginning of solid recovery.

Hope that will prove true for you too.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

welcome back mt
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Cool Just wondering How your making Out????

[
I was Thinking about your post all day yesterday?? Hope the meds are making you feel better? Don'y Quit! No Matter What! JUst Keep calm? And don't listen to too many Opinions You'll Go Nuts!
Just Give yourself a break, and make a meeting Or two! I know It's hard to sit for an hour probably but Hang In there and Listen? When You Feel the need, Ask someone of the same sex To sponser You??? Get Back & Good Luck
JImmy Jam:wtf2
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
sober and respecting it

has anyone had any experience with suboxone? i have been on suboxone for almost 2 years , just wandering if anyone had been on this medication and are they off of it now. i am also on prozac for depression. i still to this day do not have any energy, i am not saying that i expect it from this med. but i thought by now i would get natural energy back from like before i ever done any drugs. besides having to drink a ton of coffee. any suggestions?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi mtnmagic. I'm glad to see you back. Check in and let us know how you are today .
Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Let Me Know How Your Doing!!!!:ghug3
Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh! I almost Forgot ??? Start working out In the Gym Or at Home??? eat Lots of Protein and Low carbs>>> You will feel an amazing difference after 3 weeks!! I promise! Your energy level will increase Dramaticly Good Luck!!! JIMMY JAM:ghug
Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

shellgirl-you might want to search for Suboxone here. There are a lot of posts on it and a lot of information via replies and links.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Mtn Magic,

I don't have the experience with these things but know from others experiences. Since we are in the same boat with sobriety and we live next door, let's go to some meetings together!

Please let me know if this sounds good to you when you are feeling better. Hang in there (and hang in there with me too).

Nicki:praying
Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was taking Campral for nearly three months and found it helped with cravings. Do go back to your meetings, don't be afraid. They will be glad you're back. If you were in the hospital three days that should have taken care of the acute withdrawals pretty much. Now you've got the emotional withdrawals to deal with and taking good care of your body and mind while you get used to being sober again. You can do it, I have faith in you.

Learn from your relapse, pick yourself up and keep moving forward. You can do this.

Campral is also supposed to help the brain restore its natural chemistry after alcohol use. That and taking B vitamins can also help.

:ghug3
Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey Shell? Did you get my message on the SUBS!!! It's pretty graphic and Informative GO SEE IT!!!
JIMMY JAM
Old 01-06-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You can do it MAGIC, we are here for you always!!!!:ghug3
Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
Mtn Magic,

I don't have the experience with these things but know from others experiences. Since we are in the same boat with sobriety and we live next door, let's go to some meetings together!

Please let me know if this sounds good to you when you are feeling better. Hang in there (and hang in there with me too).

Nicki:praying
Nicki - I responded to your PM. I'm still a little loopy from the med's they gave me at the hospital,but I managed to make it to an AA meeting. I was
so happy going to meeings every day. It managed to make things a little easier to stay sober. I have no idea what made me drink again. I didn't
even give it much thought at all. Just did it. They gave me lots of meds at
the hospital. They have not worn off yet. Last night, I called both my ex and my son. I am so ashamed at what I told both of them. I have not drank today, but like I said I can barely function.

Part of my issue is pride. I have a hard time asking for help. To clarify,I had an easy time taking the bus, then walking to meetings. With the snow and all, although I believe many would offer a ride to work after my meetings. Poor excuse I know. God will the shame ever go away?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
being me

Hi mtnmagic, thanks for checking in. Loopy can be frustrating, but not drinking for today is great.

The shame will go away and you will forgive yourself. Keep getting to the meetings and working that program. All we can do is move forward, the past is already done. I think asking for help doesn't have to contradict having pride. Good choices, like asking for help when it is scary, will make you proud of yourself. Hang in there!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

good luck to you. i just brought my husband home yesterday after six days and he probably only remembers 3 of them. google info on meds and ask your dr. with any questions. i was so out of it they had to repeat everything 3 times. don't give up . this site and these wonderful people helped in a time i felt i was all alone keep talking their encouragement is amazing!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey There!! Did You See My Posts On The Suboxone??????
Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Good Morning Mtn,

I hope today is better for you! I checked my PM's and didn't catch one from you. Resend?

I'm sooo glad you made it to a meeting yesterday! I understand about PRIDE!!!! It's sooo hard for me to ask for help as well. I've always felt that what I get myself into, I must get out of -- myself. It's not working too well and now I'm ready to start humbling myself the best I (don't) know how to.

Hopefully we can hook up. Please keep posting and reaching out. Send me a PM when you can - K????

:praying Love ya! Nicki