Notices

Antabuse or disulfiram

Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know this is an old thread but I thought I should post...

I am going to the the dr. tomorrow to see if I can get a prescription for Antabuse. However, I'm worried that my liver may be to messed up to take it. I don't have any symptoms of liver damage, but I've been drinking hard liquor the last couple months (about 1 pt of vodka 4-5 days a week). I haven't had a liver function test yet and wondering if he will let me start on it for a couple weeks and then do the tests. I am convinced that Antabuse will be a Godsend for me (along with attending AA more regularly).

Thanks,
fragileflower
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Campral worked for me for 7 months. I got complacent, and now on it again. No side effects, but I don't take anti depressents. Tried a few, but they did zilch, or made me worse. I do thoroughly recommend Campral. Antabuse scared me. I've heard it resulting in some deaths, but everybody is different. I wish you all luck.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any meds really need to be checked out with your Dr because a lot of meds simply aren't suitable for everyone...what may have worked for some may not work for you or I

I've never taken any of these kinds of drugs, but I think anyone will tell you they're at best an aid to get us started, not an end to themselves...

Hope all goes well FragileFlower

D
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

New comer!

I ran across this website bu searching up antibuse and I absoutely loves the comments and information i was seeing.....So I joined I started antubuse april 7th and had taked it vigintally last week i stopped taking it cause i thought i was stong enough to resist but i was wrong last night i had 3 beers and woke uo feeling like crap! so first thing this morning i started antibuse again I hate drinking I hate the way it makes me feel in the morning so here I am looking for support and people to talk to who had been there and done that! thank you all!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello to our newer members.....

We are not a medical site so please remember when posting

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
What works well for you may harm someone else
that is why consulting your doctor is wise.

Thanks.....
Old 08-13-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

DoneWithIt11....Welcome to our recovery community....

all my best as you move forward.....glad you have decided to find a sober future..
Old 08-13-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome from me too DoneWithIt11

D