Notices

Day 10 --Help me thru the cravings

Old 01-03-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 --Help me thru the cravings

Usual routine on weekends is to be drunk both nights -- and in the past months had started drinking in the morning. Maybe that's why although I know I feel better and want to continue getting my energy and life back --- the cravings are there. I'm going shopping today and I'm abit scared. This will be my first grocery shopping day and it will be the first time in more than a year that I didn't buy wine to drink BEFORE I got home....
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Craving don't last forever. Keep yourself busy when they hit. Keep a glass of something in your hand, to sip on and fool yourself until the craving is gone. You can do this. Take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time if you have to. :ghug3
Old 01-03-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Lulukat,

I try to keep in mind that cravings come and go. Then I try to redirect my mind from the that first drink and that first sip to the final result of that drink -- more drinks, getting drunk, hangovers, guilt and shame. It all follows from that first drink (or almost always did for me). Thinking through the consequences of that drink helps tame the cravings for me.

Good luck! Can you order groceries on line? That can help avoiding the grocery store. I guess I am lucky -- they can't sell wine in our grocery stores in Connecticut!