Notices

How Do You Live In The Moment?

Old 01-03-2009, 02:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

look at where your feet are
Old 01-03-2009, 02:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've been thinking about this subject since I first read it tonight and really wanted to get a copy of "A New Earth" from the library but thought "Oh, it's probably so popular that it has a gazillion holds on it and I probably won't be able to get my hands on it until the next presidential election". Well, this brainfried girl [me] already put a hold on it a few months ago and it's waiting for me at the library right now! Ha!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I try and stay out of self- I get bored and was told boredom is the epitome of self centeredness. Also, get it into your heart we only have the moment-the past is anger resentment, the future is anxiety, and the now can be fear or whatever you choose it to be.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

I find living in the moment is lots of hard work and if I didn't have a great tdoc guiding me and being there 24/7 I couldn't do it.

Some of the things he has me doing are coming here daily, making at least one AA meeting a week, exercise, get plenty of sleep, take my meds, email him daily and try new things.

So far I'm doing ok and learning to live a new happy healthy life.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Something that works well for me is to apply the "secret" to my life. Basically the premise is to attract things into your life that you want, not what you don't want. So think good thoughts and they will even manifest into reality. There is nothing at all we can do about the past and the future is a segway to the present. So I basically focus on the right now. I even avoid talking about how I used to drink and all the things that I did to go along with it. I give myself permission to enjoy the "now".