Notices

hello

Old 01-01-2009, 01:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello

hello all My name is tala and i'm 25 years old and I have a drug problem that i'm trying to control on my own I have only been kinda clean for about 3 months now and I have figured out that I need a little help.. So I came in here looking for friends and maybe people to talk to.. thaankyou tala
Old 01-01-2009, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Hello Tala, I'm Anna. Twenty-three-year-old alcoholic. I stopped drinking last January, mainly thanks to SR. This is a really great support site, even for people who aren't interested in a 12-step program*. Kudos on deciding that you can't do it alone.

If I may ask, what does "kinda" clean mean? What's your goal: no drugs, or just "controlled" use? Just from personal experience with alcohol, I couldn't do kind of sober. For me it's an all-or-nothing thing.

Feel free to PM me, and make sure to check out the other forums here. There's a substance abuse forum, women- and men-only forums, 12-step forums... Do look around.

* I'd say the majority of people here are 12-steppers, but I haven't faced too much heat about not using a program.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome tala...

and kinda clean, aint clean as were hear'n it... correct?

we can do it, go'n it alone is dangerous...

happy you found our family...

good wishes to ya...

rz
Old 01-01-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was kinda sober for months after I vowed to quit drinking. Now I'm six months sober for real, and my life is getting better. Yours can too. Check out the substance abuse forum for some good info. I don't know much about drug addiction - alcohol was my drug of choice.

Welcome to the family!