Notices

ways to feel good

Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ways to feel good

There are so many things I am appreciating right now that I just let go when I was drinking and using.

One thing is skin care. I think I used to go right to bed with makeup on and not even brush my teeth after a big night. OOOH!

I thought about this and went out and invested in some nice skin care products and whitening toothpaste and mouth wash and other pick me ups.
I look forward to getting up in the am and using all my goodies and seeing a diffference in my appearance. It is nice to go to bed all fresh and moisturized too.

Just a little idea that has helped me out some. Maybe someone else has ideas too. P.S. they have lots of products for men out there too

Whatever helps us stay healthy and positive!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great idea I know I feel better if I take care of myself (which I havent done for a while, I am the biggest frump on the surface of the Earth, but I do plan to change that).

New haircut tomorrow, I cant wait.

Watch out for the alcohol content in your mouthwash though, something I didnt know about at first.

Take care. x
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There's non-alcoholic mouthwash. :-)

Journaling feels good...

Also calling up and hanging out with old friends who I hadn't seen for a while because I was preoccupied...

Having some down time on a Friday night can also be good, if I am able to enjoy it (sometimes this is hard).
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been going to the dentist and get my mouth back in order. I hadn't done that in a long time because I have such a phobia of the dentist. Not much damage from not going to 4 years, but its nice to have my mouth all cleaned up. They did have to give me valium to put a crown on a tooth. I cry and gag and carry on! How embarrassing. But its done...I think I'll do some whitening too!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I always leave an AA meeting in good spirits.

Prayer gives me comfort.

I wear red..perfume...jewelry and make up for a "perk up"

Old 12-30-2008, 05:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just learned about a mood boosting salad..and it is yummy too...

Salmon grilled in extra virgin olive oil over baby spinach drizzled with low fat dressing
and sprinkled with walnuts.

Also anything with flaxseed is supposed to help improve mood. THey have flaxseed whole wheat waffles at my favorite health food store. Ofcourse this stuff is pricey...but remember the money we once spent on UNhealthy stuff..OMG

Drink lots of water too!

Beauty radiates from the inside out
Old 12-30-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On the road of happy destiny

I never used to brush my teeth before bed. I didn't drink every day but even on days I was sober, I still didn't do it. And out of the blue, since I quit drinking, I've had a desire to brush my teeth before going to bed. So odd. I think I just feel like I deserve better in one little spot of my life. I'm enjoying my extra clean teeth though!

I also just spent some Christmas money on a candle and some girlie bath products. Ahhh, pampering. It's so nice!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nails are nice too! A amnicure is only $15 where I am. I am not crazy about the fake nails, but if they make you feel good go for it. They do look nice.

All the feelings I was searching for in a bottle (and a package sometimes) I am getting from doing things for myself. I have to be careful not to overspend...but sometimes we don't realize that these small trivial things lift our spirits..things we forgot when we were drinking.

Take good care!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Work out! I love it! I got a nintendo wii and a wii fit and I love it. Great exercise and fun games on it. Also, just enjoying spending time with my daughter (playing games, etc) and reading. Good things in life.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Choose~ I have to agree about getting your nails done! I hadn't gotten mine done since June and last week on Christmas Eve I got a Mani/Pedi and was in ABSOLUTE HEAVEN! I also got some new shoes, on sale, and a dress =) It's nice to finally WANT to do things for myself again. For a long time I felt like I didn't deserve anything good and I"m working on getting over that.

Great thread Choose! =)
Old 12-31-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You deserve it!!

Buy a few work out outfits in bright colors too! I got a few things at Walmart for super cheap..and they look just as cute as the brand names. It inspires you to get up and go..especially now that I can wear lycra in public again LOL
Old 12-31-2008, 06:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I never used to spring for the expensive coffee drinks, like from Starbucks. Now, I can't pass one without treating myself. I don't care how much it costs, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a 12+ pack a day!