Notices

Keeping track of days, months, weeks

Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My daughter would never say that she did not have enough time to pick up her Suboxone. Her Suboxone is extremely important to her and she takes it religiously. His not being concerned about picking it up would be a big red flag to me. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-27-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I keep track of my years, months and days, it's important to me and I take it seriously.
But that is me. I think what is most important here is
I am just tired of the lies. Tired of the manipulation. Tired of looking for signs. I am tired. I dont know what to do about it. Its getting to the point where I dont care about anything. I now feel numb. I feel hopless. I feel lost and dont have any idea how to get back on track. I read. I come here. I talk to my counselor. I am lost......
If you are feeling so lost and unhappy, you should be your number one priority.
Can you go to alanon or see a therapist? Do you have family or friends that can
stay with for awhile to think things out?
You come first sweetie.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I kept track of the weeks and months in my first year and after that I completely forgot my 13 month anniversary. I'm still aware of where I am, but "the 4th of the month" slips by.

Anyway, the point I was going to make is that most people I know are very aware of their days sober especially in their first month if not longer. May not announce it, but have it easily filed in their head. Of course you want/need to know since you have a child together and it IS your business to know. This isn't about "keeping your side of the street clean" and "not taking someone else's inventory". The family courts care to know, so of course it's important.

Best wishes to you Cassandra.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When I was newly sober I focused on days for about the first 2 weeks. After that I focused on the months. If I was going to get a chip for it I focused on it.

Actions are WAY more important than words. Many of us became very skilled at lying and cooking up outlandish excuses about why we did or didn't do something. Those words will come back and bite us in the *ss if we are lying. It may take a bit but it WILL happen. Trust your gut, your gut is usually your friend. Do NOT, however, make yourself insane trying to trap someone. Know that they will trap themselves with their own actions.

In the meantime focus on your little one and try to provide as much support as possible for him/her. The truth will come out in the end! All you have to do is take care of business while keeping a watchful eye but not obsessive.

Hope this helps!
Kellye
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I wanted to say that if he lets himself run out of suboxone when he has an available script, he's got to be using. If he'd decided to go off of suboxone and be totally opiate-clean, you'd know it. So he's using something, if not suboxone, then prolly his DOC.
KJ