SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   We're home..... How is everyone???? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/165223-were-home-how-everyone.html)

findingkermit 12-26-2008 09:49 PM

We're home..... How is everyone????

Hi guys, we are back home from our holiday with the girls, we had a lovely time away from any phone, comp or T.V, just blobbing and playing games, swimming, picnicing etc....

It was a bit wierd on occasion, doing eveything for the first time in a lot of years sober, but it only crossed my mind a few times and by the time I'd made a coffee and rolled a smoke the thought was gone again which was great, it just left me feeling a bit odd from time to time.

Well it's day 24 for me today and I'm pleased I've made it pretty comfortably through quite a few situations that would have included alcohol in the past, it's all been about self talk for me, and looking to the future, and I need that future more than I need a drink.

I just have to be careful not to get bored as I was drinking from first thing in the morning until I knocked myself out at about midnight every day, so I find ways to keep busy. The good thing is, the busier I stay, the more I feel satisfaction at what I am achieving in my day, therefore I feel stronger and happier with my journey.

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, and that the New year will see you all blessed with peaceful hearts and a very happy future. :Xmasca

Rusty Zipper 12-27-2008 04:52 AM

welcome home Kerm!

:Xmasfstar

Pelican 12-27-2008 06:00 AM

Thanks for the cheer filled update!
Glad you had a wonderful time and good to see you back at SR!

I work retail and survived the insanity of the holiday. At times I was angry, I was lonely and I was completely exhausted; but I stayed sober! Not a drop! I learned things about myself and my limits, and I decided I did okay.

This weekend I have time off and I am making the most of it. Relaxing, having fun and getting caught up with my SR family!

Anna 12-27-2008 06:07 AM

Hi Kermit,

I'm glad you had a good time.

least 12-27-2008 06:13 AM

Welcome back! Glad you stayed sober! I've been feeling up and down lately, but stayed sober anyway!

flutter 12-27-2008 08:04 AM

Welcome home! Sounds like a really wonderful time :)

findingkermit 12-27-2008 01:03 PM

Yayyyyy thankyou for your posts, I love waking in the morning here and comming on to see if anyone has posted on my thread, it make me feel really happy to hear from you guys :ghug

Pelican I hope you have an awsome few days off, it sounds like it will do you the world of good!!!!!

Hey least, I'm sorry to hear you have been having a bit of a tough time, I hope you get through it really quickly, and good on you for not having a drink, you are doing so well, you are an inspiration to me, I love reading your posts and I get a lot from them. Keep your chin up, it's just a passing thing... a bit like the smell of a fart.... ignore it long enough and it dissapates :)

Thankyou again for all of you lovely posts, it has started my day off with a smile, I hope you have a great day!!!