Notices

My Bf Went 2 6mo rehab

Old 12-26-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation My Bf Went 2 6mo rehab

My boyfriend of a year and a 1/2 went to his 6mo rehab. He says its pretty hard! Teaching him to get up everyday, work, go to classes, na, aa meetings, working out. He took marijuana with him and flushed it when he realized he wanted to follow the program to the T. When he left i was at my wits end. I knew once i got "rid" of him i could learn to detach and heal myself. PPL ask me what are you goin to do in 6mos, are you goin to wait? I would say i DO NOT KNOW. i cannot even tell what tommorow brings. So, on Christmas day i heard from him. He told me how much he missed me and being off drugs is making him feel so much stronger. He was proud of himself that he flushed his stash. He asked me how i am getting along w/o him, and i was honest--that i am just trying to forget about him for now. He said oh no, dont do that cuz i am not forgetting about you. I think of you every morning when i am jogging and i look at your pictures next to my bed everyday. Now i am so darn confused... I am in therapy, see a psychiatrist (medicine,) belong to a codependent support group and am joining my local al-anon group--all to make myself better---thinking w/o him. Now if hes doing good, etc maybe i should not move on or just "forget." Well, this 6mo treatment is so awesome for him & i am so happy for him. Its his 2nd time around. The 1st was for meth addiction for 2 months. He said this treatment program is harder. I do love him very much and do not want to desert him....however what i went thru was so awful and my kids were affected as well...i cant have that again. Anyway, any thoughts are appreciated!

Yvonne
Old 12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Exclamation

Thank you so much for any and all replies!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

just take it one day at a time hun
see what happens when hes out an been still clean for a substantial time out in the real world.
get on with your life an nuture yourself an your children.
best of luck
xxoo
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

I might suggest you give it time.

I think you're doing great for yourself, Al-Anon and counseling, I might just let those run their course a little longer. I've never had a real similar situation, but I can see how that's a tough choice to make. You shouldn't burden yourself with the stress of coming up with an answer right away. Think it through, but make a decision you're comfortable with.

Best of luck.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Well, I would suggest you continue to work on you.

You might want to try some Alanon or Naranon meetings also.

Do not listen to his words. He is probably still "quacking". Instead. Step back and watch. Watch his ACTIONS. They will tell you so much more than his words.

And obviously, you won't be able to watch the ACTIONS unti after he is out. Go on with your life. Work on you.

If it is meant to be, it will be, if not, it won't. Do not fret about what you said to him, you were honest.

Right now he needs to stay focused on himself and his recovery.

You might want to check out our Friends and Families forums. Lots of GREAT Experience, Strength and Hope there.

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing, we do care very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Ditto on checking out the Friends and Familes forum.

Work on yourself, he's got plenty of support, and will take from it what he's willing