Notices

What's good today?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((Nikki))) I hope you find a pink cloud with a silver lining very soon. Hugs and prayers going out for you.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I got a half gallon of Friendly's Strawberry banana swirl ice cream. MMMM
Unc came and snow blowed the driveway and a path to the back door where the garbage can is. I was not looking forward to dragging a huge full garbage can all the way down to the road in 10 inches of snow.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

It's raining here, so perfect weather to stay in bed and be lazy! The ice cream sounds GREAT, ((Trish))! I bought a Milky Way dark chocolate candy bar, while I was out..my latest addiction

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-29-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What's good today is being able to get to the store for some chicken soup and cat food! Essentials!! If neighbor hadn't plowed the driveway I doubt I'd have been able to get out at all. Thanks, neighbor!:ghug3

And little blind dog is sleeping at my feet now, having had a good breakfast and a biscuit too! Life is good!!

(I'm trying to follow my dogs' example and live in the moment and appreciate what I have)
Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Brownies are good. Even had to start a thread about em. Just had one.

Life is good today, I get the priviledge of driving my daughter up to see her bo' at college in way north MI.

Being in the truck for 3 hours with your 19 year daughter whom you love more than life....priceless.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Long trips with kids can be very interesting!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I'm sure it will be least, here's how it goes.

She'll talk for 2 1/2 hours straight about a bunch of people I know nothing about and how she doesn't miss high school and how she needs a tan and how her college professor bugs the crap out of her and and and....I will say "uh huh, and Oh yeh?" about a million times and I'll love every minute of it.

She is as they say "the bomb!" (it 'they' still say that)

Have a great day everybody!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Living in Phoenix is a good thing when the heating unit dies on your home. I doubt I'll freeze!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I got 2 calls today,
1st from the bowling alley asking if I wanted to come in for an interview on Monday! I really need a job & I'm a good server!!!

2nd from my mom, we spoke for 40 minutes & shed lots of tears, I told her I was done drinking, I wanted to be sober for my family & myself. She told me over & over how proud she was & how sad she has been about my drinking for the last year! Remember my mom & dad are the ones that bailed me out of jail & asked that the only thing I do is stop drinking. It has taken me 2 months to do that.

Hopefully today will be a good day!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi Toabetterme - Love your name and your quote.

Not hopefully, today WILL be a good day my dear! It will be!!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hey all-you-all....

Your posts make me laugh, smile and my heart skip a beat in one way or another!

Sensing a lot of gratitude from you all today. It's rubbing off on me as I've been focusing on some crapola that took up too much space in my head in the last 24 hrs!

I am grateful to be sober today, Day 14! Went for a run to clear my head with my doggie, Shiloh! It's cold in Tahoe, but the sun is out and is beautiful here! One day I'll send pic's (when I learn how to do it)!

Well off to my sponsors then to a mtg. For me, I'm following direction (oh that's hard) and am staying in the solution! Glad you're all here, my friends!

:ghug
Old 01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Resident

Today I got three magazines and no bills in the mail. That is the good part. The bad part is one of the mags is a financial one and the cover says rebuild your retirement fund, Thinking about mutual funds really depresses me and used to be a trigger to drink.
The funds are down I'd say time to drink.
The funds are up I'd say its time to celebrate with a drink.

It was a funny coincidence that on every trading day they were either up or down.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Hi Toabetterme - Love your name and your quote.

Not hopefully, today WILL be a good day my dear! It will be!!
Thank you!!!

Hey what kind of horses do you have?

I have a Palomino quater, like 15 hands. He was wonderful & my best friend. I remember just going out with him all day on a summer day & not caring about anything except being with him & being in the quiet.

I had to sell him when I went to college. Hopefully someday I can get another. We live across the street from a county park that has a stable.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Toabetterme - I wrote you a message on your page.

What's good about today is son was invited for his first sleepover at a place other then his grandma and grandpa's and husband and I will have an evening to ourselves. Normally I would have used this as an excuse to get trashed, but now I'm deciding on what to have for dinner and what movie to rent. Life has changed for the better I would say and now let's see if he makes it without calling us to come home. At least we will be sober and able to pick him up if need be.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Three lovely people on here Sr asked me to be their friend, I am really touched by this
Old 01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Resident

I know I already posted today but a great thing happened today and I want to share. I met an old drinking buddy on the street today. I hadn't seen him in a couple of years.
We exchanged pleasantries and I says " I can't go for a beer with you. I quit drinking". He says Me too two years ago". We went for coffee and talked and joked like old times except this time we were both sober. He quit on his own so this is quite encouraging to me. If he can do it I can do it and it will be good to have someone to go for coffee with.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Fubarcdn - what a great share!! There are no coincidences and how great is that!! I'm happy for you.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

today at 5am im going pike fishing normally i go carp fishing.

This is the first time im fishing for something with teeth!!!!!!!!

Its great to spend time with my mates today......sober...

Wish me and my fingers luck..............trucker
Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Great shares today guys!!

Love road trips! I am hopefully taking one with the grams to Charlotte NC end of summer. but this trip wont consist of her drunk and be high the whole time.

Glad you got your soup and doggy food least. And anyone who digs us out of that crappy mess rocks. My uncle does ours. I was so happy yesterday when I came home and the driveway was all clear.

Toabetterme..Its always great when we have out loved ones nbehind us. And it is no better feeling when we can make them proud.

No kids is my kind of day HL..LOL

Summer lets make that 4 people that want to be your friend today.

Fub..That is awesome. I ran into someone oer the summer that I use to get high with. I didnt even recognize her. She had 8 mos clean. Its nice to see people make it.

Trucker..My cousin use to catch pike. They remind me of barracuda. We use to fish of the Florida keys and get barracuda. Those things are scary. HAve fun.

For me today was an aggravationg day at work. But I did get 7 hrs in. Which is rare. My boss always comes to me if she needs extra stuff done. And that makes me feel good becasue it tells me she knows she can count on me. Me and reliable never went in the same sentence ever.
Got home..Kids were friggin wild. I had a bangin headache. But I just slowed myself down and did a whole lot of breathing and teeth clenching.
When they left I decided to take the grams out to eat. We went to the rib shack. MMM MMM Good
Now I am home.Nice hot bubble bath. Cocnut lime scent. My oil of olay bath ribbon body wash. My vaseline aloe lotion. I got me soem peach tea. And all is chill.
My day turned out good.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:43 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

My day actually wasn't so great to start with. I did my taxes online and they were rejected. Turns out, the work I did for dad, is considered self employment and I had to redo them. The mirror I knocked off my car is $100, from a salvage yard, and that doesn't inlcude labor. I finished all the work I do for dad, for this month, but lost enthusiasm halfway through (merchandising). I normally LOVE kids, but was looking at them as evil brats who destroy my displays today...so not like me!

So, on my way home, started to think of things I have to be grateful for. Got to "I'm clean, I'm healthy, I have friends and family who love me" and felt better right away. I also realized there's much more I could add.

I am tired, and have my loyal cat, Elvis, laying on me. I'm about to raid the fridge to find some comfort food, and call it a night. Tomorrow, I work an 11 hour shift and that's a long time to wait tables. However, since I was whining about not having enough hours, just a few weeks ago, I will do it with a big smile on my face!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy