Notices

It isn't worth it guys

Old 12-26-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It isn't worth it guys

A few of you may remember me from Oct. I made it 28 days. Haven't done so well since then. I've been trolling, but haven't posted in quite a while out of guilt I suppose. Anyway, it's 10:00 in the morning and I'm fairly drunk. Just wanted to reassure anyone on the brink that this really is NOT worth it. I think those of you with alcohol problems will know what I mean. Reality can suck, but at least it's real. My quit date is new years, see you all then.
-thib
Old 12-26-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Welcome back Thib.

Just a thought, stop now and you could be through the worse of it by New Year instead of it in front of you still.

Your business though, good luck.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I'm glad you're back.

How about making today your quit date?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I 'third' that, make it today! Think how great you'll feel come New Years! PLUS you'll get to laugh at all the people making drunken fools of themselves and relish in the fact that you're not one of them, and will never ever have to be again.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

The best part of making today your last day would be that you will be feeling positive and hope on New Years Day!
Either way I look forward to seeing you back. Praying for your safe return.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thib. Don't know how much for how long, either way you may want some help. Detox may be in order to be safe. You've come this far, don't endanger your efforts by trying to do this on your own. We are here to help on our end but you will someone in the flesh also. Hand in there, you can do it!!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree - why not make today your last day drinking? Then by New Year's you'd be feeling a bit better. You CAN do this.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yea...I was thinking the same thing for myself about starting new after New Years.
But my bills and my health may not make it that long. I am not good at the last big blow outs anyway. They are never as great as I want them to be. So I keep going. But thats me.
So I decided..screw it..I might as well just not even go there. Because I know it isnt going to be any different than any other time before. Just a big ole Mind F*** and disappointment.
Hope to see you back.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dismember

Thib, if you are sick of it, if it's making you miserable and you want to quit. Quit. If you hit yourself in the thumb with a hammer, would it make sense to keep repeating the process until New Year's?

I realize that's a flawed analogy, alcohol is not a hammer (hangovers can sometimes blur the distinction.)

But quitting with drinking conditions is a very difficult road to take. I hope today or next week, whenever, you do what's best for you. You seem more sure than not that sobering up is best. I hope if that's how it is you'll consider today.

Take care.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
I realize that's a flawed analogy, alcohol is not a hammer (hangovers can sometimes blur the distinction.)

Makes sense to me...
Old 12-26-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Be safe Thib. Glad you are trying again and thanks for sharing with us. I think you may as well make it today, but I realise that is easier said than done.