Notices

OT..Is it just me?

Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

OT..Is it just me?

Or does everyone get really rude and disrespectful bill collectors that call. Iam not the tyoe to just ignore the calls. I will answer and tell them what the deal is. I am behind on my credit card. And this guy just calls and I am in the middle of doing something for the lil cousins that was trying my patience already. I told the guy I was about to call you..I am in the middle os doing something with the kids..I will call you right back..That little punk says..Well then why did you pick up the phone? I told I said I will call you right back..He started saying somehting else and I said goodbye and hung up.
I call back 5 mins later and the little B***tard hung up on me. So I call a different number and told the girl I wanted to speak to a superisor. Uh well..I cant do that. we only have one mgr and they dont have time to talk to you right now. So I was like I told you when I could pay it which is next Monday and that should take care of next month too. No you have to send it money Gram or youll be charged another late fee. No I wont. it doesnt take a week to receive and process payment. Then she starts getting mouthy. WTF?
You know for people who want money..They sure are not going to get it being disrespectful.
My credit is so bad anyway.. It makes no difference to me if I pay them or not if thats how they do business.
They can kiss my you know what.
Not to mention our hot water heater broke this mornign. We have water all over the place.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Sorry about your morning and credit card experience, Chiynita.

I'm trying not to get sucked into that stuff, you know? Not always successful, but getting a little better.

Like at work, the negativity around here sometimes. It's tough not letting it affect me.

Hope your day is better. Thinking about you.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have noticed that if I pay my bills when I agreed to pay them - the company which loaned me the money doesn't bother me much. I keep up my end of the bargain and things go rather smoothly.

One of my first corporate jobs was that of a bill collector. Without going into too much detail - It isn't easy to be on the phone 8+ hours per day hearing all the tragic things which cause people to be late with bills, day in and day out. Repo'ing someone's car, foreclosing their home is not a pleasant thing to do. Emotionally - it is not a very rewarding job for the most part... But those customer's who spoke with me, made arrangments and kept those arrangments didn't get continued phone calls/letters.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Ok..I do call them and have made several arrangements with them. They already knew I was going to send it to them next monday.
I just dont need to be belittled. I dont care how long your on the phone doign whatever. Thats your job. If you cant handle it. Find another one.
I worked in a call center for Verizon doing customer sastifaction calls for awhile...So I know how aggravating it can be. I had to leave the job because it was making very angry person. and stressing me to the point of rage.
When I am beign corteous to them..and telling them over and over when I am sending my payment. I dont need them being rude and disrepectful to me because they dont get it on time. Life happens. But I have every intention of holding my end up. And If I let them knwo and explain to them when and it doesnt matter why..Its none of their business why. As long as I pay them.
I could say F you youll get it when you get it. Or not even answer the calls. But I dont roll like that. I will face what I need to.
But I dont need some sorry little punk talkign **** cause he is hiding behind a phone. When I worked the call centers..If we ever got caught speaking to a customer like that..we would have been fired on the spot.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes you just have to be the better person...