Notices

Anxiety ridden night out

Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suzette,

I am so glad to see you back and glad that you got through your evening.

For me, I'd be lost without this place. It is my support and it keeps me grounded in the knowledge that the disease is there, lurking. It fills me with inspiration every day.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The time I spent away allowed my mind to begin believing that alcohol was not so bad after all. Looking around telling myself - everyone drinks, why not me. I could just have one or two. I thank the Lord that I didn't, for that I am so grateful.

I've reading through many posts today and it brought me right back, made me remember exactly why I cannot drink.

I need this place - I need all of you! I can't do it on my own.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think it's very important to check in on the disease every day. If I don't think about it, it creeps up on me. I forget just how bad it was, start to convince myself I was just "going through a rough patch" or over-reacting. Being able to come here really helps me keep in touch with the insanity of it all.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

way to go suzette. and thanks for sharing about your dinner. i'm glad you made it through
Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome back Suzette, and congrats on nearly 10 months.
You are thinking thoughts that we all go through and well done for staying strong, especially with the year you have had.
I can't get on here as much as I would like but always try to cram in as much as I can when I can, and if I didn't check in then that would be my only support gone- and I am not going to risk that!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
where the light is

having that ever dreading feeling of not belonging here anyway ( I wish I could get to the bottom of that way of thinking).
For me, it was the fear of people. I used to feel so inferior, like I didn’t belong. I am learning to accept myself as who I am and others as who they are. Occasionally, I still get that “outside looking in” feeling but for the most part, I feel like a part of humanity wherever I am – just a guy, no better or worse than anybody else.

I have nearly 10 months of sobriety now and am having a hard time accepting that I was craving so badly.
Yeah, but you didn’t drink and obviously did something to make sure that you didn’t. I do get frustrated that I am not yet bulletproof (I get a bit jealous when I see people partying) but we all progress at our own rate. Some day, I will be at the point where I can hang around with people who are drinking and be unfazed but that day is not today.

Maybe its time to step up whatever has worked for you these past 10 months (awesome by the way!)