Notices

I need a drink.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Nutrition

Your body was accustomed to receiving its energy and calories from alcohol. Now your body is in withdrawals from its energy source.

Give yourself plenty of healthy nutrition, but understand that your body needs time to make the adjustment.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

I think I need rest more than anything. I have a rotten touch of weakness. That's what's getting to me the most. The rest seems to be improving but the weakness is still there.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When you get off from work, eat a nice satiating meal, drink a cup of some relaxing tea and get a good nights rest. Once you start to feel energized join a gym or some kind of club so you can start to look better, feel better and gain more self-confidence and respect for yourself. It will make every aspect of your life better.

Good Luck and if your strong enough to come to this site for help and face reality, your strong enough to kick this nasty habit.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
jh1

hey chupacabra,
I know a bunch of us just went through the first few days of withdrawal and they are horrible. The energy and lightheadedness is really really depressing and worrisome-but it WILL pass. For me, magically i think my 4th/5th day woke up with a lot more energy and then my lightheadedness went away during that day. It really can pass at anytime. As for work just try to bear thru it an hour at a time-i know how you want to just be in bed-but i guess think of it like each hour that passes your body becomes stronger and is adapting to not having that poison in your body. Soon you'll be fine and then you can do your traveling, cooking with a lot more energy and clearer head than you would if you were drinking. GL and keep going
Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
From CarolD:

"My Tips For Easing Withdrawal
Remember...this can
be the last time you do this!

Water Drink oodles of water

Cut out caffeine

Eat a soft diet

Aspirin for aches

Hard candy for shakes

Rest if you can not sleep

A multi vitamin +B complex daily

By day 4 I was done with physical symptoms"

This is what I inadvertently did--the three things that were the most important believe it or not were the hard candy, B vitamins and water. On the second day of withdrawal I had to eat something every hour to hour and a half or else I felt like I was going to fall over.

With that being said, I found that if you consume several dozen super sour jolly ranchers in a day, it has it's own side effects o_0
Old 12-23-2008, 01:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Well, day four, and my biggesty problem today is the lightheadedness. The train into work was a real drag and I'm feeling a bit shakey, but my body now feels that if I can bin the light-headedness then I'll be functioning pretty normally. I just wish it would hurry up and go. It's killing me.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

Hoping as the day goes by things get better for you
Old 12-23-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I'm glad you made another day sober. It will get better! Hopefully soon.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by mxchaos View Post
Hoping as the day goes by things get better for you
Hoping? I'm praying my friend. I still have Christmas presents to buy and at this rate the only way I'll have enough energy to do so is if I go and have a drink....which of course isn't an option.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

A drink won't help it will just prolong your misery
sober does feel good give it a chance
Old 12-23-2008, 02:46 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

I'm willing to give it a chance. Thing is that now that I am on day four, and I hear so many people say they feel better by day four, I was kind of hoping that it would be gone by now. Although I have been on binges in the past I have only been an on and off heavy drinker for the best part of the past two years, and even then I have taken breaks or gone prolonged periods where I have drunk very little. Past withdrawls just haven't been this bad and its almost as if I damanged my brain beyond repair during the last drinking session.

If this is what its like now to withdraw theres no way in hell I'm doing it when I'm in middle age.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you don't want this to go on when your middle aged. I did and it wasn't easy even having help from meds to ease the withdrawls I was out of my mind for a month and it took another month to recover. Some people get lucky and have easy withdrawls some don't just remember it won't last forever. Eat right get plenty of sleep and do healthy things and it will get easier.

hang in there
Old 12-23-2008, 03:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

wow just reread what I wrote and it sounds scary that wasn't my intention. Things will get better with time and health.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
jh1

Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
I'm willing to give it a chance. Thing is that now that I am on day four, and I hear so many people say they feel better by day four, I was kind of hoping that it would be gone by now. Although I have been on binges in the past I have only been an on and off heavy drinker for the best part of the past two years, and even then I have taken breaks or gone prolonged periods where I have drunk very little. Past withdrawls just haven't been this bad and its almost as if I damanged my brain beyond repair during the last drinking session.

If this is what its like now to withdraw theres no way in hell I'm doing it when I'm in middle age.
chupacabra your seriously in the exact same spot i was about 2 weeks ago. For some reason the withdrawal was just 10x worst than others and that's part of the reason im trying to stay sober for good now. I know exactly what your feeling with the lightheadedness, mine didn't go away until like 6th day i believe. Withdrawals hit everyone differently but it sounds like the lightheadedeness and energy hit me and you the same. I was freaking out like you, wondering if it will ever go away by like the 4/5th day and was really panicky. It will pass, I promise, its just the booze clearin out and your body adjusting to no alcohol. Its a pain, dont give up though, seriously it'll be gone before you know it-----it does suck though, I feel you on that. Keep it up, stay strong, almost there.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:55 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

how are you?