bad experience at a meeting

Old 12-19-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

bad experience at a meeting

sorry

duplicate topic
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you went through that. A couple thoughts came to mind while reading your post. One, not everyone in a meeting is there for recovery. Sad, but true. Also, I have heard in the rooms that people stop maturing at whatever age they start using which means that it CAN at times feel like your in school with some of the same dynamics that went along with it. Our group has the same things. You just have to overlook it and focus on why YOU are there. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Also, what you said is so true. There are people who come in there who are so desperate for help and hope and they certainly do not need to be treated badly. What they need is someone to make them feel welcome. Good news! You can be that someone. Let the "children" have their games while the "grown ups" focus on saving lives.

Hope you feel better. It is never fun to be excluded or made to feel like an outcast. I think too many of us have had that experience in our lives prior to sobriety. I'm glad you made it through and that you shared!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Kelly!

You are so pretty...You must be Irish. (me too!)
Old 12-19-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you! Yes, I do have Irish in me among other things (I'm basically a mutt!!!)