SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back... and ready.. again.. harumph. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/164714-back-ready-again-harumph.html)

flutter 12-19-2008 03:57 PM

Back... and ready.. again.. harumph.

Well I got myself in a wee bit of trouble. I had been sober.. for a long time (for me), and got stupid, and drank. Drank enough to smell like it the next day. One meeting with my boss later, I was being driven home by a trustworthy coworker. ouch. Never so horrified in my life. Now on a mandatory (thank GOD) counseling/treatment program, my employer is so amazing, they just want me to be better, and they love me. Thank goodness. So I am gonna need you guys.. I dropped off this site, AA, stopped pursuing counseling on my own, and here I am.. rock bottom 2.0.

Here's to us :) Missed ya'll!

Anna 12-19-2008 04:16 PM

Hi and Welcome Back!

Wow, you are very lucky to have your employer's support.

You can use this opportunity to get well and move forward with your life.

Keep posting and reading.

CarolD 12-19-2008 04:18 PM

Welcome to your new fresh start....:hug:

HideorSeek 12-19-2008 04:39 PM

Welcome back! We're still here and still in your corner!

chick3 12-19-2008 04:48 PM

Welcome back! Start going to meetings, it is what I need right now and keeping me sane!

Rusty Zipper 12-19-2008 05:43 PM

good to see you back flutter...

cheers, (non- alcoholic) to new beginnings!

:Xmasla

every1surf 12-19-2008 05:55 PM

I am on a new start again as well! :)

Here is to sobriety! <3

Dee74 12-19-2008 07:42 PM

Welcome back Flutter :)
Hi Every1Surf !!

you can do this guys :)

D

flutter 12-19-2008 07:44 PM

Anna, you're right.. incredibly fortunate and blessed that my employer is so supportive. She actually said "firing you was not even a thought, lets see what we can do to get you well, we love you working here".. geeze. now if my hubby could stop being angry and get on board :) takes time...

Thanks for such a welcome.. I feel blessed here as well. Friday night, not a drop of liquor in SIGHT (or mind he he)

:o)

Horselover 12-19-2008 08:53 PM

Welcome back Flutter and I'm so happy for you. Employers like that are hard to come by these days. We are here to support you 24-7. Well, I mean there will be someone around at all hours considering the time zone difference and all. Okay I'm rambling. Time for bed. Good night and again, welcome back. :)

least 12-20-2008 05:00 AM

Welcome back!!

baker2 06-18-2016 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by flutter (Post 2029513)
Well I got myself in a wee bit of trouble. I had been sober.. for a long time (for me), and got stupid, and drank. Drank enough to smell like it the next day. One meeting with my boss later, I was being driven home by a trustworthy coworker. ouch. Never so horrified in my life. Now on a mandatory (thank GOD) counseling/treatment program, my employer is so amazing, they just want me to be better, and they love me. Thank goodness. So I am gonna need you guys.. I dropped off this site, AA, stopped pursuing counseling on my own, and here I am.. rock bottom 2.0.

Here's to us :) Missed ya'll!

This is my first participation and I like your story and would like to follow it up from the beginning >

Delilah1 06-18-2016 08:28 PM

Welcome back Flutter!! Sounds like you are very valued at work, I am glad your employer was so supportive.

Looking forward to seeing you on here!!

uncorked 06-18-2016 08:31 PM

Hi Flutter, so glad you're getting the help and support you need from your employer! (Husbands are another matter...) Take care.

Dee74 06-18-2016 08:39 PM

Just so everyone realises - this is a really old thread guys :)

last I heard, Flutter was several years sober and doing great :D

welcome aboard baker :)

D