Notices

I want to vent too!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to vent too!

OK, I want to vent too.

My problem is that when I get drunk and I get mad then I get evil. Of course, it is much easier to make me mad when I am drunk. But I don't get in to fights. I just get in to outragous verbal assaults.

I am a guy and I have no idea how I have all my teeth, my nose is straight, and I do not have a scar across my forehead. I don't know how I have never gotten a DWI, woke up with somebody's wife, or any of the other problems that usually come out of public drinking binges. It truly is an act of god. Ti amazes me and a few of my friends.

The last time was this last Saturday. Two years ago, I vowed not to drink in to bars anymore and I have done soooooooooooooooooooo good at that. Trust me, I have an entire inbox of email messages from a couple of friends trying to get me to go out to the bar in the past few months and I have not gone.

But last Saturday I did. I went to one, drove home, and then went to another. The second one I went to is not a "my kind of people" bar. I blacked out and got thrown out and now have the convenient agony of wondering what kind of major retribution I may suffer in the next few days.

Fortunately, I had not been in there in a couple of years and had not seen those people in a couple of years. I hope fortunately anyway.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi FreshStart - When did you quit drinking? As far as these past events and paying the consequences of your previous actions, I would say you will suffer less if they are faced from a sober point of view. We've all done things that could mortally embarrass us if we dwelt on them, but that's why its important to live in the present.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Officially 5 days now. I am so over it. I know it has only been 5 days but I am so looking forward to never drinking again. I mean it. I want nothing to do with it.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This started in another post and I have just really been concentrating on how evil I get when I am drunk and something makes me mad. I know evil is a bad word but it is true. Of course, I am also the type of person that is very sensitive and I often make things out to be worse than they are.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Blackout drinking is indeed a serious issue
and yyour wise to abstain from alcohol.

Please read all of the 2nd sticky post in Alcoholism
for information ..blackouts are explained there too.

Good to know your planning for a better future.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been a bad drinker too. I used to black out and usually when I was expressive to strangers. I have been very close to fights but never fought, I have defo put myself in danger many times and suffered bad paranoia after. Thinking guys were looking at me on the street that remembered me from a bar and/or following me. Sobreity is the best cure for paranoia in this case. Black outs - dangerous game.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

respectfull venting allowed.

recovery is a miricle allow miracles to permeate your world today!