Notices

Tomorrow starts a new journey!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Tomorrow starts a new journey!

I'm detoxing from opioids tomorrow. I'm incredibly scared, overwhelmed and anxious. I am going to an NA meeting tonight for the first time with my mom. I know this is the right thing to do but since I have tried suboxone and methadone to get off and never worked I'm really apprehensive about quitting cold turkey. I know as long as I have support of my family, my boyfriend, hopefully this board and maybe a few new friends I might meet tonight I know I can do this. I'm not looking forward to the withdrawls. I just need you alls love Im 22 I have a long road ahead of me, i have a promising future and i loved to party a little too much. I am so not optimistic right now, I get panic attacks/anxiety so I'm completely thinking the worst about my situation. I think Ive already made a bad choice by deciding I was going to go all out today. I'm not going to overdose, ive given all my money to my mom so i wont be buying more and I didnt get a lot to begin with but Ive definitely taken quite a bit today and im afraid im going to definitely feel the effects tomorrow. do you all suggest I try to sleep it out tomorrow?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you sure you should do this without professional help. We can give you moral support, but you may need more. Do you have a plan in case it gets scary?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What made you decide to quit cold turkey vs. another Sub taper, may I ask? I am on sub maintenance right now... what's done is done, you will probably sleep most of the day tomorrow anyway...
Old 12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please keep yourself safe. Is there anyone who can be close in case you need someone to call the medics for you? Have you talked to your doctor or any medical person about your going cold turkey? Taking it one day at a time you should be able to get off drugs, but do be safe starting out, ok?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i havent talked to any doctors. i have my parents home to take care of me tomorrow and i have a few NA numbers to call. im so nervous i cant even fall asleep right now. i am so scared because i dont want to go without that feeling. i totally chicken shitted on my first meeting, went into a panic attack and couldnt drive, my mom was going to go with me. i know i disapointed her because i didnt go and i cant let them down this time with quitting. i really didnt realize what i got myself into til this moment right now when i dont want to go without a damn pill. its pathetic
Old 12-18-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

its just really nice to know that there are people going through the same thing as me and that theyre here to help me. its my first day, my head is pounding, my muscles ache so bad, i think thats the worst part is how bad my body feels, im having a little trouble catching my breath today but honestly, i keep repeating the serenity prayer and getting my mind off everything and its not so bad....but ive been up for an hour lol. i know as the day goes by its going to get tougher, i really need strength from God to get me through this. however let me tell you that its wonderful and amazing to go outside and smoke a cigg and see the color of the leaves clearer and not blurry...everything is brighter, i think this was the day for me to quit. if i can keep this mind frame for 4 days then ill have no prob!!! ugh i smell it oooozing out of me =\
Old 12-18-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

It would be a really good idea to talk to your dr at this point.

I am glad you found us and you'll find lots of support here. It's great that you made the decision to live a sober life.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi,

As others have said, I would detox with the help of a doctor.

It appears that you want to rid yourself of the addiction... A sober life is the only way we can have meaningful lives...

Keep posting...

You can do this...