Notices

~15 Days, To Infinity and Beyond~

Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

~15 Days, To Infinity and Beyond~

Hello Everyone! I've been *DYING* to start this thread all day and since it's officially midnight I can do it now! lol

I'm over my first 2 weeks and told Omega I would start this thread if he promised to be here in a week =) So here it is! lol

Not sure if I'm starting this right, but whomever has 15+ days and would like to join this thread and help each other stay on track, post away =)
Old 12-14-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Congrats on 2 weeks!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on your 2 weeks Mari! How did your fantasy team end up yesterday? I am losing but still have a chance tonight if the Eagles defence can get me some points.

I think I am on day 22 today and feeling pretty good
Old 12-15-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I spent more time than I'd like to remember in the under two weeks thread. I was a chronic relapser. But I made it out alive and sober, finally, and am now over five months. It CAN be done, ya just gotta wanna! Sobriety rocks! Keep moving forward one day at a time. :ghug3
Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Angelina243~ Thanks =) I appreciate it

Phaleron~ Look forward to seeing you here!

Jakey~ Hey Buddy =) My FF team is up right now, but only by 3pts! All my guys are done and he has the WR for Philly D.Jackson, so here's hoping the guy doesn't catch one pass! lol

Least~ Thank you so much for your support =)

Being past the first 2 weeks feels so good. I know I will never want to do them again! I feel that now it's more about healing and living my life, as opposed to counting down days. I'm starting to feel, dare I say, GOOD! =)
Old 12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Mari! Congrats on your 2 weeks! I, too, spent a lot of time in the 2 week thread. Too much time. One of the great things (at least for me) about sobriety is the point where your thinking shifts from "I HOPE things will get better...to Gee, whada ya know, they HAVE" This mental shift makes it easier for me to preserve my sobriety, plus the increasing awareness of how badly I really felt, physically and emotionally, which didn't happen until I got a little distance from my last drink.

Congrats again!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Hide =)
Old 12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats Mari

Its like building a foundation for ourselves based on time, I've got 9 weeks which i am chuffed about but tell you what i can't wait to be able to post like least for 5 months!!!!!

Mind you 2 weeks and 1 day is just as an achievement as will be 9 weeks and 1 day so keep slepping yourself on the back!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go, all!! It keeps getting better (in between getting seemingly worse) so hang in there! Love and hugs for all!!:ghug3

and I am excited thinking about six months, one year, etc...
Old 12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh talking about time, funny story for the thread, I have been working at company for 7 months now and spoke to an american lady who sits next to me at lunch today about the upcoming xmas party, i mentioned i don't drink to which she said 'yeah i've got 3 years behind me'...i pondered this for most the afternoon and asked her later why did say that sentence like that (i did a short stint at AA a few years ago) and blow me...you guessed it she is a fellow alchie!

Turns out she goes to local AA meetings and, as i have been just doing counselling and meds for the 9 weeks, am going to head down with her in january for my first one...we are everywhere!!! Really made my day/week/month that did:-)
Old 12-15-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Isn't that sooooooooooooo true that we are everywhere. I don't know about you guys, but I swear I've developed AAntennae!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jh1

Congrats!! Yea, wish i was there with you. Ill be in about 9 days. :praying
Old 12-15-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It was so nice to hop on here before bed and see all these responses! We are a great bunch at encouraging each other, aren't we =)

Yeah~ If it feels this good to say 15 days all I know is I look forward to adding 15 more =) I think it's good there is a woman at work whom you can relate to and has 3 years under her belt! Good for her and You =)

Least~ You are always so encouraging, thank you for that~

Hide~ One thing I've noticed is that the "stereotype" I had of an alcoholic has vanished. I'm thankful I understand that now.

JH1~ Welcome and yes, you can do this! There's something about getting past those first 2 weeks! Stay Strong Friend~

On a much different note, I won my Fantasy Football game! lol On to the Superbowl for me, I'm so excited! lol Yep...the little things =)
Old 12-16-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Steam~ I'll venture over to that thread as well =) I posted mainly on the 2 weeks one so I didn't even notice that one!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulions everyone on your sobriety time. Every day sober is a miracle. I am on day 42 and counting!
Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, happy and sober Christmas.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mariposa18 View Post
On a much different note, I won my Fantasy Football game! lol On to the Superbowl for me, I'm so excited! lol Yep...the little things =)
Congrats Mari! I won my game too thanks to that TD scored by the Eagles defense last night . I have a bunch of tough matchups this week for the championship game but I still think I have a good shot at taking home the trophy!!

Day 23 today for me, starting to think about drinking less and less each day. Stay strong everyone!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm in here as well! Today is Day 16 (Steamvessel and I are apparently on the same "plane") and I feel pretty good to be honest! I'm also looking forward to beginning the New Year with a full month of sobriety behind me!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone~ Nice to see so many of us here =) Day 16 for me, like Steam and AverageAmerican =) That's something I'm looking forward to as well American, entering the New Year with a month under my belt and a new outlook =)

I did get the news today that I'm going to have to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out!!!! Surgery is scheduled for January 2nd because I was not getting that done right before the Holidays! Other than that, I'm finally feeling a little less grouchy =) I'm going for a walk with a Friend tonight so I'm looking forward to that. We call them "TheraWalks" because it's like Therapy since we talk about everything while we workout! lol I really need it and I know getting back to my exercise routine will do wonders for my self esteem =)

Sorry I'm not doing personals right now, gotta get the Kids fed and in bed before I leave! Talk to you all soon =)
Old 12-16-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

great idea for a thread...thanks mariposa and everyone. this is great thread for those of us who have spent so much time in the 2 weeks thread and also for anyone else.

i need a moment. i'm settling in at home.

it was a long day and for the hour drive home it was snowing. well the snow is an instant trigger for me. i wanted to use. i repeated the serenity prayer and the desire came back. i called someone....the desire came back. i called someone else and it came back again. but i made it home. a meeting starts in 15 minutes but i don't want to go because i'm tired. tired from a long day, and from the exhausting time driving home.

thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 05:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Mari and others! I just wanted to say congrats on making it over that 2 week hump! On to the next milestone! I think it is so awesome that you have people with the same amount of time as a support system.

Keep up the great work!

Hugs,
Kellye