Notices

I just wanted to say...

Old 12-13-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say...

thank you to everyone at SR for the support that you have offered me as well as countless others. Since last April, when I "discovered" this forum, I have turned to you in times of crisis and you have always been there. Sometimes I post a lot, sometimes I just read for support and inspiration. But I always know that if I need you, you will be there for me without fail. As I feel I am there for you. What a wonderful family. I try to log on at least every few days, but if it goes longer, I sometimes feel like I am jumping into the middle of a game with unknown players. But in any event, I continue to be awed by the bonds that are forged here. Aren't we lucky, in this crazy world, to be comforted, supported and encouraged by "strangers". I don't know about you, but sometimes when I just shake my head over the state of the world we live in, it gives ME great hope to know that you are all out there. It makes me think that perhaps the person behind the desk might be Anna or Carol or anyone here. That thought makes me regard this "stranger" in a new light; one who has their own life and its attendant issues, a frail human being just like ME and yet is willing to selflessly reach out to someone else in need. So, thank you. :ghug2
Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thank you so much for posting!

jump in any thread and I am sure you will be warmly welcomed...I know I enjoy seeing you communicte here.

I'm going to get a massage in an hour and who knows....maybe the person who cuts my hair is someone who posts warmly with friends on a recovery site as well...

I like that thought thank you again 8
Old 12-13-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I get the same warm feeling coming here. It's my larger family, always at home, and a great comfort to me.:ghug3
Old 12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now that I've had a bit more caffeine ...what I meant about entering a game in progress is that, if I have been off the boards for more than a week, getting back on can feel like boarding a moving train. In the interim, some have gotten off, some have gotten on, but the thing to remember is that its still moving towards the same destination. See what caffeine does?? LOL! Hugs to all of you on this train to happiness and inner tranquility!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting that! Great share!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I enjoyed reading your post Hide =) Keep posting and it's good to have you here~
Old 12-13-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

SR is vital to my continuing recovery.
It's a win win situation...

Thanks for sharing
Old 12-13-2008, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi HOS

Thank you for the wonderful post. I couldn't agree more.

*hugs*